It's April.....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimD

Reaction score
Howdy!! :wave:

I thought I'd start an April "check in" thread.
It's been a long time since I've done this....Sorry 'bout that.

Spring is most certainly in the air!!

:jumpforjoy:

Everything is turning green, budding, flowering, etc!!
The cherry and pear trees on our property are all a bloom!!Sooo pretty!!

The buns are doing well.
The new feed seems to be okay with the finicky-buns.

I started re-introducing greens to the buns that can tolerate them.
Mostly romaine and dandelion greens. The farmer's market down the block has been having some nice produce...and the prices are good.
However, Benji only likes the fresh picked dandelion greens from our yard :rollseyes.
I'm sure the neighbors think I'm a nut-case when I'm out in the yard at 10pm with a flashlight picking greens :craziness.
I'm planning on having a small garden for them...parsley and basil...maybe some leafy lettuces...haven't been too lucky with carrots, but maybe I'll give them a go in a planter thingy.
Dandelions do real good in my yard, so I always have a good supply!:biggrin2:

I've been off work for the last week.....decided to enjoy a "stay-cation" .:dancingorig:
I just hung around the house and generally did nothing unless I had to.:bunnydance:
I was nice not to be on too much of a schedule. I got to spend some extra time with the buns....mostly cleaning and straightening up after them. :sweep.........:vacuum:
I go back to work tomorrow.:sigh:

I hope everybun else is doing well!!

Easter and spring break has kept me busy.. now it's horses, and 4H stuff! I continually try to get here and help but I can't seem to manage it all..... :(

Hi All!

It's alittle slower at the shelter as there are less rabbits up for adoption now. More people have adopted rabbits since the shelter started to fix all therabbits that come in. It was a mess with the mass surrender of the rabbits from a hoarder, but that is all in the past now.

My last foster (Midnight) got adopted. But after a few days, the people returned him (they renamed him Sprocket) because they said he wasn't eating. He is fine and eating well when I checked him out. He is back on the adoption list.

Bebe is such a cuddle bun. I love to hold her. Pebbles is less patience, after awhile, she will start to dig at you to get free. Shestill gives you bunny kisses. Pebbles continues to have breathing problems. It's something she will always have. Pebbles and Bebe are so good together. It's hard to believe that they would fight so bad when they were first introduced.

Work is busy. Two people are away on Holidays, so I have extra work to do.

There are lots of things to do and I just take it one day at a time.

Pennie, I just love seeing your smiling sig even if you're just sayin' hello! Don't worry about helping!

Stan, I was just going to ask about Pebbles, who is almost Pipp in an agouti coat. ;)

Pipp now has a constantly runny eye and a bit of a rasp, and Radar had that as well, didn't bother him. And I'm hearing Darry snorfling away. I think its just a mature bunny thing. :)

Love the updates. :bouquet:

sas :nod

Ahh the snorfling....Jezebel does that when she gets all in her spring dewlap cleaning !!
we are very excited here, looks like spring may actually come to Calgary!! woohoo
and ...
we are moving to a new place FINALLY with a balcony for the buns, I know Jezebel loves laying outside and as long as we have a carpet runner for Benny (he is scared to death of hardwood flooring -any suggestions?) he may make it outside too ;)
Pipp you last post reminded me that Benny is an agouti, maybe a distant cousin of Pebbles (being from the Calgary Humane society'n'all)
Well, it sounds like everybun is busy with spring, and I wish you all a fantabulous end of April.
I hope to hear from MBB soon,and a catch up on Zoe
c

Mocha snores.. it's hilarious!

Chase also has ongoing sneezing, likely due to pasturella since all my bunnies have been exposed to it. Thankfully, it doesn't affect his well being and is not overly frequent.

I took Mocha and Zoey to the vet last week, the news is good! Mocha is in excellent shape despite being 7 years old. And Zoey's eye is almost completely healed. There is a tiny ulcer spot left that the vet thinks will heal on its own but given this has been a 10 month battle, we have decided to not take chances and just keep going with drops for another month to ensure it's all healed.

And the best news of all, I updated my blog with new pictures. You'll probably be surprised at how furryChase is.Everyyear he grows more fur -- now even his feet have long hair on them, lol.http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=40719&forum_id=6&page=2

Oh and I have had to put off moving due to not being able to find any apartments that will allow rabbits.. I don't get it. Most of the places I have contacted will allow cats and small dogs but refuse to allow CAGED rabbits. So I have resorted to staying at home, and I will suffer with the long commute and see how that goes. It's already an hours commute each wayto school so I figure what's another half an hour?

Hi peeps .. glad everyone is ok ...

All well at the Ben/Mookie household. Moo seems to have lost quite a bit of weight but seems to be eating and drinking ok ... her coat's starting to change and that usually depresses her as she likes to look like a Princess all the time.

Ben is a little butterball of a Nethie .. losing some though as I'm locking Mookie in the cage with the food so she gets to it first in case it's little piggie who is eating most of the food, hence Mookie losing weight.

I absolutely love our two .. my heart aches when I see them, and they always bring a smile to my face.

xx

So I go in for Radioactive Iodine Therapy tomorrow, and I am so scared. No matter what doctors say, drinking radioactive material does not sound like a good idea. I've been on a horrible diet for a week, I can't eat anything with iodized salt (which by the way is everything made with salt), milk, or eggs in it. Unfortunately this is taking a toll on my health, I am not feeling well and my appetite has pretty much been lost. I can't wait until I can eat normal again.

And the worst part, for the next 2 weeks I cannot go near my bunnies. :(I know I wont be far from them but it really bothers me that they will be so close but I can't even pet them.

MyBabyBunnies wrote:
So I go in for Radioactive Iodine Therapy tomorrow, and I am so scared. No matter what doctors say, drinking radioactive material does not sound like a good idea. I've been on a horrible diet for a week, I can't eat anything with iodized salt (which by the way is everything made with salt), milk, or eggs in it. Unfortunately this is taking a toll on my health, I am not feeling well and my appetite has pretty much been lost. I can't wait until I can eat normal again.

And the worst part, for the next 2 weeks I cannot go near my bunnies. :(I know I wont be far from them but it really bothers me that they will be so close but I can't even pet them.

Sending out positive vibes .. those bunnies are going to be SO hugged when you CAN get to them ..

I imagine your diet has been "interesting" to say the least! What have you been living off??

I am living off of veggies and fruit. My mom also made some bread I can eat which is a huge help. Without that it would have been very hard to stick to the diet. There was another lady in the room with me while I was waiting for my levels to come down to a safe level and she said the same thing, after a few days of that diet you take a few bites and you just don't want to eat anymore because you are just so sick of that diet.

I am home now and feeling fine (and I'm not glowing green, lol). I can't wait to snuggle my bunnies again.

Latest posts

Back