It's a Bunny World

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I made Oreo treats. I got the recipe from Lennon the Bunny's DIY treat video. I used wax paper instead of parchment paper. I didn't think that through because the oven started smoking from the wax paper. That was a fail.

I'm making Halloween bunny treats! Currently they are in the oven! This is my recipe!

Ingredients:
1/4 Cup Pellets (I used Oxbow)
1/2 an overripe banana
Parsley Flakes
Water
You can add a teaspoon of shredded pumpkin skin, but this is optional. I did not use pumpkin.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees c).
Wet the pellets just until completely soaked. Mash the pellets.
Add the banana and pumpkin (optional). Mix.
Add parsley flakes and water until dough like consistency.
Roll into balls of desired size. (I used one teaspoon of dough per ball)
Bake for 25 minutes.
Cool.
Serve!

Store in a refrigerator.

Oreo loved them so much! If you make them, they should be easily broken, and you can add a piece of hay to the top of a ball to make it look like a pumpkin!

I'm going to make these for Theo today! I had already planned on making him some treats, but I couldn't find a recipe. I think I'm going to add hay dust, do you think that is a good idea? How long do these last in the fridge? How many treats does this recipe make?

I'm going to make these for Theo today! I had already planned on making him some treats, but I couldn't find a recipe. I think I'm going to add hay dust, do you think that is a good idea? How long do these last in the fridge? How many treats does this recipe make?
Ooh! It's great that your going to make them! I think adding hay dust is okay as long as it still has a dough like consistency (I haven't actually tried, so if it goes horribly wrong, don't blame me!). They last for about 2 weeks in an air tight sealed container. It makes about 25 (give or take) one teaspoon treats, I have 20 one teaspoon treats, and made a large treat (about 1 1/4 tablespoon) for a photo shoot! I hope all goes well!

Hello! It's been a while since I've been on this blog! All is well with me and Oreo, but I do have to trim her nails today. I did make an herb mix yesterday (just parsley flakes, thyme, basil, and lavender). How are you all?

I just realized I forgot to add that I got a new dish for Oreo!

Latest posts

Back