its 2010 now

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ooh! I am in! I am going to start working out everyday once I get back to school. Hop on an excercise bike so I can get in shape for spring break, as well as get in shape for the spring cycling season.

wish me luck! tomorrow (well, i guess cause it is almost 2 am it is today) is my first day!

i am going to take it slow this week, only changing my daily diet and stuff about 1/2 way, don't want to 'cold turkey' go into diet mode, as i know that i will just fail and binge lol

i am going to go buy a blank journal tomorrow and have a 'fat' journal. . . keep track of what i eat and how much weight i lose, and ect.

i hope that this happy mood for weight loss keeps ups. . . i really want to do it this time.

oh, and next paycheck (in about 2 weeks) i am going to join a gym! my sister is joining the same one so we can meet up and go work out together!

I have my sweet 16 in July,
and I plan to have a party at my camping trailer.
Possibly a weekend long, party.
So I want to look good in a bikini because theres really nothing else to wear in +35 degree weather with no A/C .
So, idealy i'd like to lose.. 15 pounds. Then, possibly gain some muscle.. it's pretty sad my baby nephew is starting to get too heavy for me
;)

Oh I'm definately in! I started on a Cleanse this morning then hopefully going to start w/ some SlimQuick next week. I have issues with eatting at work when I'm bored- or a "bed time snack". The holidays really didn't help either. I've given myself a 12 week deadline to lose 20 lbs which will put me to my ideal weight. That evens out to less than 2 lbs per week which I think I can do. This would then put me at my ideal weight. I biked 4 mi this morning- have another 4 mi atleast to do tonight.

Being that I'm FINALLY back down to the pre-pregnancy weight I need to start getting on track with this. During the summer I have no problem as I can get outside and work on chores and things- exercise without thinking about it.

I'm glad this thread was started!

DyemondRabbitry wrote:
Oh I'm definately in! I started on a Cleanse this morning then hopefully going to start w/ some SlimQuick next week.
Ok so you just have, have, have, have got to let me know how they work. I was in Rite aid the other day and was in the section looking at those sort of things, and i have thought about the Alli weight loss, but upon further reading the Anal leakage and Flatulence doesnt appeal to me :roflmao: but it could be something to really kick start my eating habits. Nothing like anal leakage and farting your brains out to really make sure you watch what you eat,lol. Then there is the expense of Alli, it is oober expensive. I have a problem with getting started and staying started, i think that if i can get a jump start with something and get going i will be able to keep it going. I want to loose , well i wold love to loose 40-45 lbs but i might not look right with that much, so i want to idealy loose 30-35 lbs !!!!!!!!!!!!! I have back issues that i am sure loosing weight will help with

LOL! LEAKAGE! Well, I did a Cleanse about 2 months ago and had no problems with it but I've never tried SlimQuick. My friend uses it and highly recommends it for curbing appetite and energy boosts.

I also want to get healthier, fitter and lose a bit of weight. I have a common problem... I love food and hate exercise. Actually I think more specifically, I hate sweat.

maybe people could post back here with how they're doing, and what strategies have been working/not working for them.

maybe we could also share healthy recipes? what do people think?

I want to encourage everyone, make this the year! it will be hard look at how many people have already replied to this - we are not alone :)

DyemondRabbitry wrote:
LOL! LEAKAGE! Well, I did a Cleanse about 2 months ago and had no problems with it but I've never tried SlimQuick. My friend uses it and highly recommends it for curbing appetite and energy boosts.
yes not very appealing,lol

crystal wrote:
I also want to get healthier, fitter and lose a bit of weight. I have a common problem... I love food and hate exercise. Actually I think more specifically, I hate sweat.
ha ha i laughed at that one

crystal wrote:

maybe people could post back here with how they're doing, and what strategies have been working/not working for them.

maybe we could also share healthy recipes? what do people think?

I want to encourage everyone, make this the year! it will be hard look at how many people have already replied to this - we are not alone :)
I also hate sweat and getting all hot and sweating from exercising. Thats why I do aquacise. You dont' get all sweaty since you are in the pool and it keeps you cool, so I dont feel like i'm over heating like I do when I do regular exercises. Plus going to aquacise 2 times a week is a lot better then doing the tredmill for 30mins each day, and a LOT better over all body workout. Plus its fun :)

diet shake number one currently being drank. and it is really good. i am kinda shocked.

chocolate protien powder, water, ice, and banana mixed together. lets just say that anyone thinking about drinking shakes or smoothies should get a magic bullet, i love mine.

so this morning i have started a big undertakeing. i am going thru my house, and getting ride of all the junk food i have. a big box of opened junk food is going to my parents house for my bro to snack on. i figure if it is out of my apartment, then i can't eat it lol.

so far the cupboards are all done, and i am about to start on the fridge and freezer after i am going shopping. . . here is my list:

• grapes
  • carrots
  • greens (for me and buns)
  • apples
  • celery
  • broccoli (sp?)
  • some shaved chicken (like deli meat)
  • yogurt
  • fruit juice
  • frozen veggies for steaming
and whatever else that is healthy looks good.

how is everyone else doing?

oh, and i am also going to go pick up a couple of workout dvds. i am thinking like bellydancing and a new yoga one lol. . . i think it will be fun

Well, according to an online calculator my calorie deficit is around 703 per day- meaning it will take me three months (right on schedule) to meet my goal. Though I must say that today I am HUNGRY! LOL! Cereal this morning, toast, a yogurt for snack, a 240 cal meal, then a 100 cal fruit and nut bar... water, water and more water..

Well, I hope that I can keep this up! I wrote on a calendar (which I stare at all day) my goal for that week- so it's staring me in the face now when I'm thinking about eatting.

well, yesterday i did really well untill dinner time. we went out to eat. but the good news is that i had a large garden salad, and some pizza. so overall it could have been worse.

. . . now i just have the leftover pizza sitting in the fridge calling to me.

maybe just one small slice, hard to resist cold day old pizza, it is my fav breakfast.

hmm. . . maybe i will do a protien shake, and a couple of bites of pizza. that sounds even better cause the protien shake will fill me up so i don't want to eat a whole slice.

anyway, yet to get on the scale today, but how is everyone else doing?

Not bad, Katt. I met my goal for the week this morning- I can't wait to start on the pills though because they are supposed to curb hunger. I think I will purchase some protein powder so I can make a shake for breakfast- does anybody have any good recommendations??

I'm staying on track.

It's very important to start the day with a satisfying breakfast. I eat a bowl of oatmeal w/ lowfat milk everyday and throw in a few raisins for sweetness and peanuts for a protein. A full glass of tomato/veggie juice makes for a nutrient dense, satisfying breakfast to start your day!

mmmm... love oatmeal! I need to pick some up at the store this weekend when I go- just ran out and cereal for breakfast leaves me starving by the time I get to work.

Well I technically didnt make a new years resolution to lose some pounds, but I can make it now! I need to lose about 5-10 lbs, just need the determination and dedication... and its hard to do when your a full-time student :(. Brain work makes me hungry all the time, and school has made me gain a few... same with the holidays, im afraid to step on a scale.

Ok, so I just did the calorie calculator, and I need to get down to about 1300 calories a day, any website suggestions?

I never step on scales as I fear I will get obsessed with the figures and start starving myself just to see how low I can go (Been there done that as a teenager)
Before I had my fifth child I used to train in martial arts 4-5 times a week and wore size 8 (not sure what that is in US sizes) without watching what I eat. Considering that I don't get much exercise and still eat what I like I am surprised I only crept up to size 10. But I'd still like to get back down to fitting into my old clothes.
All I am trying at the moment is cutting out alcohol and junk. I hope that should do the trick:)

hey everyone! I have a suggestion. I recently got an iphone and it has this really great app called "myfitnesspal". It is also available on the internet. It it's a free program that ask you how much you weigh, how much you want to lose, and how fast you want to lose it.

From there it calculates how many calories a day you need to eat to lose the weight. You can factor in exercise time. It can tell you how many calories are in all the foods you eat so you can keep track. It seems very accurate and helps me keep on track. I try not to obsess, but its so so easy to loose track of how many calories you are consuming and its nice to stay aware.

For example: I am 128 pounds and would like to get down to 118. It told me that if I eat 1300 calories a day (before any physical activity) I will lose the weight in two months (you can choose how fast you want to lose it). Then, I can put in all the foods I eat, and it helps me plan meals. So, if I were more active (which I really should be) I could eat more calories. Stuff like that.

To be honest its a huge wake up call. I thought I was eating around that much before, but I was no where near that number. It can also estimate the nutritional value in foods and tell you where you could improve. I'm a vegetarian so this really helped me.

Anyway, sorry for such a long post, I just thought I would share. Even if you dont have an iphone you can get the program on the internet!

Latest posts

Back