It still hurts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumpkinandwhiskersmom

Reaction score
For some reason, this day has hit me really hard. My brother died 2 years ago, and today is his birthday. I thought that it would get easier, but, for some reason, it just stinks today. My mom and dad are both gone, as well, so there's really no one around who knew him like we did. Just needed to whine a bit, I guess.

That's not a whine.

I'm really sorry about your brother (and both your parents). Anniversaries really suck.

Please feel free to keep talking if you need to.

x

Thanks so much, you guys. His name is David, and he was 8 years older than I am. Consequently, we didn't know each other very well when I was younger....he was just this awesome big guy who came in to eat and sleep...he had a group of friends that he was with most of the time. It was actually only in the last couple of years of his life that we really got to know each other and become friends. While we were growing up, I was mostly just a pain-in-the-butt little sister, until someone was mean to me. It was one of those things where it was ok for him to pick on me, but no one else could! He was always very generous with me, and we shared lots of laughs and jokes. He had a very sarcastic sense of humor, which I enjoyed very much. He was very tall, and when I was little, I called him "Dadey", and wanted him to like me. The greatest gift I ever got was being able to know him as we got older, and having a friendship that has been a wonderful memory. Sorry if this is disjointed. Thanks again for being there.

Thats really sweet that you too were close, even if it was later in life!
And great that he stuck up for you, thats always the way isnt it the only person allowed to pick on my little sis is me :D

David sounded like an awesome guy!

He does sound like a wonderful brother! I'm so sorry you've lost him. Your life was blessed with a great friend in him. :hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss... and yeah, anniversaries are hard.

(I lost one of my older brothers in 2007.)

Take care of yourself, OK?

It's always good having that older sibling, even when you're the pain-in-the-butt little one. He sounds like he was a good fellow. :hug2:

My good thoughts and warm fuzzies to you.

Im sorry about your brother... my brother would have been 35 on nov. 9 hes been gone10 years now..I was sad on his birthday but thanksgiving was the worse... It was his fav. holiday... I can tell you it will get a little easier.... but there will be times when its really hard... as it is for my whole family... My mom never has gotten over it... Just keep him in your heart and know that he loves you......

and to sound strange and I know he is not here but sometimes I go to his grave and talk to him... it always makes me feel better... I never told anybody that i do it...

Aww I'm sorry.It can be tough. Hang in there, kay? We are all here for you. :hug2:

I am so sorry you lost your brother - so young, too.

I think any anniversary is difficult, as it stirs up all the memories, and brings back all the feelings. Hopefully, as time goes on, the feeling of hurt turns more to warmth of remembering.

Jan

I'm so sorry about your brother. :(It sounds like he was a nice guy, always sticking up for his little sister.

Anniversaries of a person that has passed really suck. :(

We are all here for you! :hug2:

My thoughts are out to you and your family.

Karlee

:hug: I am glad that you have good memories to look back on...
I'll tell you something my mom does... She bakes a cake on the birthdays of all my deceased grandparents, and people who were important to my family.
She decorates it, and lights the cake. We sing happy birthday to the person who has passed, and tell good stories about them every year.

Some people might find that creepy or whatever, but I always look forward to remembering the people who loved us in that way. We would go to grave sites, but they are 3-4 hours away...

Hugs to you:hug1

You guys are so awesome....thanks so much for the warm thoughts today.

And, bat...., I don't think it's strange at all....my SIL had my brother cremated before any of us knew what was happening (long story....short version...she's a witch...didn't even let my dad see his son)....it would actually be great to have a grave to go to....I do that with my mom and dad.

Have you thought about maybe donating a bench at a park? That way you could go there and talk to him. Or maybe seeing if you can donate a tree? A place for you to go.

JadeIcing, that's a really cool idea. They just did a huge renovation/reconstruction on our high school. My brother, my kids, and I are, or will be, graduates. Maybe I could do something there.

Latest posts

Back