It is time

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpuckett

Reaction score
I have been on this forum for a while. But I will do a small reintroduction as I haven't really posted for about a year. I have had rabbits in the past (once when I was very young, and one I got years ago, that passed away last year.) It was very hard to lose my Roxi-bun even though she was quite the grump most of the time.
In this rabbitless year, my fiance has given me a bunny related nickname, because I am nearly constantly talking about rabbits. But when we would go to the shelter I would look at the rabbits, help the employees list the correct breeds and ages, and talk constantly about things that should be done. In pet stores to get my cat food, whenever I saw anyone buying a rabbit, I am sure I came off quite intrusive when I would try to educate them in what they needed to know, while trying to put the fear of God into them about the amount of time and effort any pet took, but especially rabbits. Especially if they were buying them for screaming kids that were bouncing off the walls and losing their minds wanting to hold the bunnies. But whenever my fiance would ask if I wanted to bring another fuzz-butt into my life, I just felt like I wasn't ready.

Well, until a few days ago, anyways. My daughter and fiance came in the other day, and both talked about a rabbit they saw at the pet store we frequent. I listened, but truly felt that I wanted my next rabbit to be a shelter rabbit, as there are always a few here and there at our shelter. (You all know where is going...)

Today we had to go get cat food, and the bunny they spoke of was still there. Genetically, looks somewhere between a lionhead and a dwarf hotot. Only one black eye ring, and a puff of lion mane in-between her ears. Violet eyes. A strange mix, to be sure. But even though she looked nothing like my black and white lion-headed Roxi, something seemed similar. I am still not sure I know what it is. But I wasn't set on buying this rabbit yet. Pet store rabbits are notorious for being ill-bred and of poor health. I carefully inspected eyes, ears, nose, mouth, teeth, nails, feet, bum, and other unmentionables (looks like a girl right now), and everything shockingly looks pretty good. I was holding this rabbit, though, that was what got me.

So here I am, with a new rabbit in a new cage (breaking in quietly tonight) and wondering how my fiance and daughter were able to find this tiny white puff-ball (who doesn't even have a name yet) to warm the spot in my heart I wasn't sure would ever heal. I will never forget Roxi, but I already feel my heart opening to this tiny little girl I have now.

Hi and I'll rewelcome you!
I felt when my past rabbits died and I adopted a new one that the souls of my past rabbits were guarding over my new rabbit and gently pushing her to do the right thing.
Glad to see that you've resurfaced and I need to see this adorable fluff-ball!
Jj and Pembrooke

As soon as she comes out of her hidey hole, pictures will be had! But as much as I really want to pull her out of there and give her snuggles and take tons of pictures, I know this way is better. Why isn't the better way ever with tons of cuddles?!:pleaseplease: Come out to say hello soon pretty girl!

Hi welcome back Rae.:wave::wave2

And yes pretty girl come out for pictures.

Can you entice her with a treat?:rollseyes:lookaround:nod:thumbup:weee::rofl::laughsmiley::yahoo::clapping::pinkelepht::party0002:

Susan:)

Latest posts

Back