Isn't timothy hay green..?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green, sweet smelling hay is what I have been told to look for. Not sure where you are located but there are many avenues to getting great quality hay. I order from Sierra Valley Hay, clear across the US from me! It still comes out cheaper than buying my local pet store little bags. Plus it is always long, lush, sweet smelling hay! There are other online places to order hay but I haven't tried any others. Oh, you can also order the small pet store size bags of the Oxbow hay (40 oz.) at Amazon.com cheaper than I can get it locally ($9 compared to $16 rounded). Hope this helps & you can get some great quality hay for your bun. Other members can provide you with companies they have dealt with & purchased great hay from, hopefully soon.

Oh, depending on where you live (west coast US), Drs Foster & Smith often has deals on the bags of hay & depending on the amount you spend you get free shipping.

Green, sweet smelling hay is what I have been told to look for. Not sure where you are located but there are many avenues to getting great quality hay. I order from Sierra Valley Hay, clear across the US from me! It still comes out cheaper than buying my local pet store little bags. Plus it is always long, lush, sweet smelling hay! There are other online places to order hay but I haven't tried any others. Oh, you can also order the small pet store size bags of the Oxbow hay (40 oz.) at Amazon.com cheaper than I can get it locally ($9 compared to $16 rounded). Hope this helps & you can get some great quality hay for your bun. Other members can provide you with companies they have dealt with & purchased great hay from, hopefully soon.

Oh, depending on where you live (west coast US), Drs Foster & Smith often has deals on the bags of hay & depending on the amount you spend you get free shipping.

I'm from Canada so a lot of those sites (I have checked Sierra and quite a few others) charge way too much shipping, one was $61!
I will check Drs Foster & Smith though. :)

I know we have Canadian members so now maybe they will see your post & be able to give you some suggestions from their experience. You may also have feed stores that have horse quality hay that you can purchase. I looked into buying my local horse quality hay too. But my buns don't care for Bermuda hay & that seems to be all we grow here! Good luck with finding good hay at a good price!

Shipping here in the US is expensive so I can't imagine how expensive it is to have something shipped to Canada. Good luck! Hope our Canadian members will soon be able to help you.

Just Ben to the vet this week and he recommended oxbow Timothy hay. Just ordered some - looks from the pictures as though it is greener than the normal stuff.

Brown just means it has been dried out. Sometimes during the Winter months this is what I have to provide for my buns.

Where I live, we have a lot of local farmers that sell their hay for $8 a bale...lasts about 3-4 weeks, more if the buns are eating a lot of fresh foods, too. :) Check local farmers, CL, etc.

Latest posts

Back