Is wheat flour safe for rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jasminebunny

Reaction score
I realised my rabbit's pellets ( that i'm feeding temporarily ) , contain wheat flour .
Is that safe for rabbits?

It may not be the best stuff, but yes, it's safe as long it isn't a significant part of their diet. That "no grain" thing you'll find repeated all over the internet isn't really based on facts. I would re-evaluate the choice of pellets though, some rabbit feeds seem to be cheapest stuff turned expensive.

About the carpet, I would try get tree branches, ash, any kind of willow, fruit trees, forsithia, etc. That occupies them quite well when they have the urge to gnaw on things. Introduce slowly if they are not used to greens.

It may not be the best stuff, but yes, it's safe as long it isn't a significant part of their diet. That "no grain" thing you'll find repeated all over the internet isn't really based on facts. I would re-evaluate the choice of pellets though, some rabbit feeds seem to be cheapest stuff turned expensive.

About the carpet, I would try get tree branches, ash, any kind of willow, fruit trees, forsithia, etc. That occupies them quite well when they have the urge to gnaw on things. Introduce slowly if they are not used to greens.
I've tried that but , they don't gnaw on them .
I usually feed oxbow , or Burgess excel , but i can't get them till tomorrow or Wednesday .

Put the branches (not just twigs in a heap) in their way, somewhere where they are used to go and can't easily step around, and weight them down so they are not easy to remove. Quite likely they will gnaw through them to remove them, and might get to like them. Ash and willow are very tasty.

Put the branches (not just twigs in a heap) in their way, somewhere where they are used to go and can't easily step around, and weight them down so they are not easy to remove. Quite likely they will gnaw through them to remove them, and might get to like them. Ash and willow are very tasty.

Branches work for my rabbits, but I don't always have them on hand. In that case, I put out some hay in that area.

You could try putting cardboard or a sheet of cardboard in the are that they chew or buy grass mats, or activity grass mats or a box with hay.

Oxbow does a lot of education with their pellets and other products compare to other brands. Pet food is regulated its a good here is a link to look at. https://truthaboutpetfood.com/who-regulates-pet-food-in-the-us/

I'm also linking a book that will help with a break down of what is in pet food. It is a lengthy book but you can find what your looking for.
https://www.evonnesartcreations.com...GtIAX9aNb8pOniJa-xDPzw5cZ0OLrma8IBMRK6EwGRZKk

You could try putting cardboard or a sheet of cardboard in the are that they chew or buy grass mats, or activity grass mats or a box with hay.

Oxbow does a lot of education with their pellets and other products compare to other brands. Pet food is regulated its a good here is a link to look at. https://truthaboutpetfood.com/who-regulates-pet-food-in-the-us/

I'm also linking a book that will help with a break down of what is in pet food. It is a lengthy book but you can find what your looking for.
https://www.evonnesartcreations.com/doc/Rabbit Nutrition pdf.pdf?fbclid=IwAR0yE32wUFki3lGtIAX9aNb8pOniJa-xDPzw5cZ0OLrma8IBMRK6EwGRZKk
I'm not in the us , but thank you anyway!
They were the pets at home adult nuggets .
The oxbow pellets are coming tomorrow , i order them in bulk but always keep spare pellets .

Okay , thanks .
I tried that , and she's been chewing on them since . :)
:p:D

Latest posts

Back