Is Vets4Pets any good?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karaliene

Reaction score
I've seen / read many reviews of Vets4Pets and they all seem to be either extremely good or extremely bad. I'm not sure whether it's worth it to register my rabbits there or not. If not, does anyone know any decent rabbit vets in the Lincolnshire area?

Thank you all in advance!

Thank you for the link - the funny thing is, that's where I consulted first and there are literally none within about an hours drive - which wouldn't be good in an emergency! Evidently great minds think alike trust the same sources!
I have seen several Vets4Pets branches on there however, so perhaps that means the one near me just hasn't applied. I'll have to see - anyways, thank you again!

In my experience with Vets4pets, they aren’t very good for rabbits. They have limited experience working with them, it seems. I used them for about 6 months until my two rabbits passed away - while I was using their advise. It may not be the same for every branch but it was definitely that way for the two local to me.

I use MediVet, if that’s any help. My local one takes all exotic pets (including snakes and parrots!) and they are very experienced, from what I’ve seen. The consultants on fee is £40 but they offer a vet plan for about £10 a month, which covers a lot of general care and a percentage off of consultation and medication fees. I’m not sure if there is one in your area, but they do supposedly have practices all across the UK

I use MediVet, if that’s any help. My local one takes all exotic pets (including snakes and parrots!) and they are very experienced, from what I’ve seen. The consultants on fee is £40 but they offer a vet plan for about £10 a month, which covers a lot of general care and a percentage off of consultation and medication fees. I’m not sure if there is one in your area, but they do supposedly have practices all across the UK

I also use Medivet and I would recommend it if you have on nearby they have a vet plan that covers annual vaccinations, nail clipping, regular check ups and discounts on surgeries and appointments. :)

I have a tendency to be a little skeptical of veterinary corporations and prefer to pursue local or community-owned veterinary hospitals with good credentials. According to some vets I've worked with, corporate vet clinics tend to have stricter rules and less leniency that can lead to owners being overcharged, or the clinics can have such a high patient volume that clients struggle to build a relationship with a certain vet and have their needs met. This certainly isn't true of all larger corporate vet clinics, but it may be something worth considering when looking for a vet!

Where in the UK are you exactly? Some Vets4Pets are excellent, some are not, it depends entirely on the vet. That is why the RWAF list is so useful.

Hi! Thought I’d chip in.
My Vets4Pets have been AMAZING. They are above a Pets at Home and such they get loads of bunnies in, so are really good with rabbits. I may just have been lucky but I’d say if you go to one in a pet shop which sells rabbits the vets above tend to be more rabbit savvy. The staff are great and have been very honest about pricing etc. Just my opinion!

On a side note, I wouldn’t buy a rabbit from a pets at home again. Barn has been plagued with genetic faults and came home with worms. The staff are amazing but not keen on the breeders. Wouldn’t have changed Barney for the world though.

I personally use a local vet that isn't too good but i'm going to swith vets!

Hi
About Vets4Pets, some people have said they had great experiences with them. I myself can't fully agree. The customer service is really nice and I don't blame the vets for this but treatment could be better. They aren't rabbit savvy vets but if there isn't another option go for it. I find it to be quite pricy though and do prefer Goddards veterinary group.

Latest posts

Back