Is this rabbit run high enough?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,
Have started searching for rabbit runs for outdoor exercise for Ebony and Guy. Two contrasting questions regarding this run : http://www.bitsforpets.com/product_info.php?cPath=1_452&products_id=3728

1. Guy does a little jump occaisionally, but it's Ebony the regular-large sized "Mini-Lop" who is the athletic one who does high jumps with seemingly little effort. Would she be likely to jump over this run's fence?

2. Guy is a small mini-lop (probably what is reffered to as 'Holland Lop' size in America). Fluffy my first rabbit taught me how rabbits could stretch and flatten their bodies to get through very small spaces. Would Guy be able to squeeze through the gaps in the fence do you think?

I know there are no guarantees, but am curious to hear from people with more experience of buns escaping abilities.

Jo xx

EDIT: Found another with less running space but perhaps more escape proof due to net over the top:-
http://ukpetsonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=412

Really I'd like to sit inany run with the buns and interact with them, but their safety is most important :)

The first one looks good. I don't think a rabbit would be able to get through the gaps. You could put a trap or some fabric mesh on top, like the second on has. It really just looks like a large puppy pen. Check those out too and compare prices, it may be cheaper to get the puppy pens and a separate top.

I have seen some chain link dog runs that have tops. I am not sure what kind the tops are, but if you can find something like that, it would probably work. As spring is here, there are usually some mesh mosquito netting stuff you can get that could work too.

Looked to be rabbit proof, except for their ability to dig. Unless the buns are very small, they shouldn't be able to get thru. The only problem is the open is the open top. Makes it easier for predators. Plus, Mr. B, a Netherland Dwarf, and our Bunny Stew are both able to climb--couldn't figure how they were getting out till we watched the little brats. They both would jump up, catch a hold or the wire and then start to climb.

Latest posts

Back