Is this okay??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheSketchyBunnies

Reaction score
With My Rabbits... Where Else Would I Be?!?!
I am bonding my fixed rabbits (male and female) at the moment & my rabbits are both humping each other as normal when bonding. They are doing great. The thing is right before my male humps the female he starts to bark. (or honk.) When he is on her he does this too. I looked it up and the internet said that to an unfixed male this could mean sexual excitement. But he is neutered. (And has been for at least 12 weeks.) He never makes this sound in any other situation. Anybody know why this is happening??

Thanks so much!

-Kaylor

The vet would tell you if there was anything that could have prevented the surgery from being successful, such as cryptorchidism, so you're probably all good as far the neutered. Mine sometimes honk when they're super stoked about something, like at breakfast time, or when they rush me at the door for treats!

Mine does that too. He also honks when excited about anything I think some boys are just more randy than others. My two have been bonded for 5 years & he still honks at her.

Latest posts

Back