Is this okay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
While browsing the vast space of internet, i found a website think it was www.rabbitcaretips.com which had many posts. One of them was abouth the coloration of rabbit teeth. As i am not a native speaker, i found the wording to be a bit tricky so i am hoping to get an answer from other blog members here. Is my bun's teeth colour all right or is it slightly too yellow? Are they the right length and preferred shape?
20200511_215210.jpg
Also, what about yellofication of fur? He has this nearly pure white fur on his chest but the more downward it goes the yellower and matted it gets. I know that he's been peeing on himself a little 'cause of his faulty leg that's stubborn and not recovering, and sometimes there's ceco-stool that i point out to him that he consumes. I also comb through his fur but i may have a crappy comb 'cause some harsh tufts remain and i don't want to tug on his gentle skin. So despite my efforts it still loks stagnant yellow on his hind bits. I might ask a vet to clean him for us if we go. Is it okay?
20200511_215708.jpg

He also has a bald tailtop for some reason? It's been there for a while but it doesn't seem to distress or bother him at all. He's not moulting either. Well, even if he is, the bald bum has been with him longer than his moult. The vet in Tartu didn't answer why he might have it that way either.
Is that okay too?

There is such a thing like reading too much on the internet :(, -I mean, teeth colour, seriously?

Just took a peek, imho looks mostly ok but also including some things that are more opinion than fact, formated into a popular way. Well, makes for some reading, and overall doesn't look that bad.

Discoloured fur isn't anything but a cosmetic problem as long as it isn't actually dirty, which could attract flies or can cause skin irritation. I would cut out knots or matted fur, and keep the fur there somewhat shorter.

Last edited:
Well, i now know not to worry about such little things then. It just doesn't help that i'm seriously concerned about everything and anything that cones to my dear lop as he's in a not-so-great state. But yes there are no flies whatsoever. He's indoors and the house flies are not yet in here.

Latest posts

Back