Is this ok for the bottom of my rabbit cage for traction?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renaelock

Reaction score
I am still looking for something that is safe for bunny to chew and probably eat - since I'm pretty sure Polo won't spit out what he is chewing on. So, I found this person selling sisal pieces. Can I consider this stuff safe for Polo to munch on? I've tried a fabric mat but it didn't last two seconds before I had to take it out because he was chewing on it and I don't want anything bad to happen...He didn't leave too big of a dent so I'm hoping I can return it to the store - (hehe!) Anywho, heres the link, tell me what you think! :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/SISAL-REMNANTS-4-lb-PACKAGE_W0QQitemZ280466670684QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item414d1dc45c

Since it is made for cat scratch posts, I would assume that it is not treated with anything that could harm a rabbit. Some of them do seem to be dyed, so try to get the ones that are not. I would contact the seller to ask if they are treated with anything and would be safe to chew on.

I've got an email out to the seller. The store gives a list of color choices and non of them are "natural" so I'm hoping they just named the natural color to someting more appealing to the ear of other people than to not offer anything that isn't dyed at all...Now I just have to wait for a response.

Sisal is safe but watch for what they use to hold it together!
Sometimes instead of weaving it they will use thread to stitch the fibers together...

If you are looking for something larger and edible how about the 19 x 25 seagrass mats from Busy Bunny? They are extra large and completely bunn safe!
We have had these before and they are great!

Its made of seagrass totally edible, costs about $7...but you can buy them in multi packs and save a bit!

Danielle:)

Hmm, thanks for the other option - I'm going to check that out! I got a reply from the sellers and they said to go with the seagrass they offer becasue all of the sisal is dyed.

Latest posts

Back