Is this normal?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MochiTheBunny

Reaction score
Hello everyone! Today I was looking at my rabbit and I noticed he has a heart-shaped bunch of fur around his nose. Looking back at older pictures and videos, it didn't seem that noticeable. Is this normal? If so, can you explain why this happens?

Also, Mochi is turning 4 months in 10 days. Not sure if that information is relevant

. Picture 1.png

Thank you :)

I haven't seen anything like that before, but it looks normal and seems to have no intention of bothering Mochi. Just wanted to add that Mochi is adorable and Happy Early Birthday!

As for the explanation of the fur, it just seems like a birthmark, although I'm not entirely sure.

I'm not a vet, and I'm sure others will have great answers as well!

Best wishes ~
Remy

Last edited:
Hi, this is normal and happens a lot, now he's probably just changing his baby fur and this is his new fur is growing and later rabbits molting twice a year and some of them are having new fur growing in patches, it is quite common like this heart shaped or V shape, nothing wrong with him don't worry

End of spring or beginning of summer they need to change their winter coat to lighter and then end of summer some later September-October, it depends on your climate as well if they are indoor or outdoor.

Some rabbits shedding massively their fur is literally everywhere, and some you can't really notice, just a little bit, they groom themselves probably.

Latest posts

Back