Is this normal???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lillian

LillianC
Reaction score
Stewie's heart beat is constantly beating SO fast... does that mean he's scared whenever I come near him and pat him?? Also he rarely drinks any water :/

I'm getting quite worried about him! Does this happen to any other bunnies out there?

High blood pressure. Just kidding. I'm pretty sure bunnies' heartbeats are naturally fast, faster than humans' anyway. It's probably normal. If he was scared he would exhibit other behaviours, such as running away from you, flattening his ears to his back and his body to the ground, bulge his eyes out, or start breathing extremely fast. If he's acting normal and relaxed I wouldn't worry about his heart rate too much.

As for water, how do you give it to him? In a bottle or a bowl? Bunnies tend to drink more if they have water in a bowl, because it's easier. It could also be taking him some time to master drinking from a bottle. Remember to change the water regularly too. How are his pees?

Do note that if your rabbit have started on a bowl it is difficult to change it back to the bottle.
Both have its own weakness and strength.

Bowl
+ Drink More
- Easy to get dirty
- Water splashing/toppling of bowl
- Unaware how much is consumed

Bottle
+ Contained
+ Able to monitor water consumption
- Some rabbit have difficulty of using certain nozzles design.
- Leaking
- Frequent cleaning required

thanks guys for the response! i use a bottle to feed him and his pee is just normal yellow so I guess he's not unhealthy haha. phew. :dancingorig:

Latest posts

Back