Is this normal?? Rabbit spayed 5 days ago

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

courtney h

Reaction score
My rabbit, Millie, was spayed on September 29th so she is on day 6 post-op. The night she came home her incision looked really good (first attachment). I’ve been checking it twice a day as the vet recommended I do. Over the last 2 days it has begun to look more raised. The second image is of it last night and the third is from tonight. It has these flaky pieces all around the bottom of it and it looks red. Is this normal? She has an routine appointment on the 9th to get it checked, should I bring her in sooner?633548AE-93D5-4DF3-8119-B4114FFA2AEF.jpeg2F8EC082-34B6-4E2E-9E5A-EB5D4CCADF39.jpeg4485744F-E29E-4C6F-B3EB-3F9FC3C75D20.jpeg

I’ve caught her licking it a few times. i’ve tried putting her in a cat sweater/shirt, the problem is she’s jumping right out of it. I read online that I shouldn’t put her in a collar because it prevents them from eating. How do you recommend I keep her from licking it?

She has a 20ft^2 cage that she has free access to and it lets flat. There are boxes with a hole cut in the side that she goes in and out of. I haven’t let her out of it since her surgery becuase she jumps on the furniture and the vet said no strenuous activity such as jumping.

Latest posts

Back