is this hidey house safe?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would wonder about the colored paper and the ink used on it. This is why colored magazines should not be used for rabbits (for play or shredded for litter). Best to stick with plain (uncolored) cardboard.
okay, thank you! i put it in a room where she can only go when supervised, so i decided if she tries to chew it then i'll give it to my cats. she actually hasnt chewed it at all so far! :)

The main problem with cardboard is if it's a photo quality it's usually on plastic--scenic shot on apple boxes and such that look painted on are made with food coloring and are safe. I'd contact the company you received it from and chase back the process of how it was colored--if it's a decal rather than a printed picture it may not be safe--food coloring good, plastic pic bad!

A regular cardboard box with holes you cut yourself will be cheaper and safer I'd say, and your rabbit really won't care if it looks like a cute little house or not. If you wanna invest in a chewable hideout, I recommend a grass house like on the picture attached. More expensive but would last longer as well and bunny can do whatever he wants with it (sleep in there, jump on it, eat it, run through it...)

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back