Is this grunting?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshAndMaple

Reaction score
Hi, Ash has started making these noises. It seems to be when Maple is close to his pen. I've never noticed it before, and he had a reaction to anesthetic the day before where he stopped breathing for 5 minutes so I wondered if it could be a breathing issue? I just wanted some clarification from anyone who has a bunny who grunts bc it does seem to be directed at Maple

Attachments

• PXL_20230111_220642968~2.mp4
    12.8 MB
Hi, Ash has started making these noises. It seems to be when Maple is close to his pen. I've never noticed it before, and he had a reaction to anesthetic the day before where he stopped breathing for 5 minutes so I wondered if it could be a breathing issue? I just wanted some clarification from anyone who has a bunny who grunts bc it does seem to be directed at Maple
Hi
I was told this sound is grunting.
Elf does this when I try to get him to go around a few times before I offer him a treat. My daughter says he only grunts at you mum! 😂😂

Hi
Elf does this when I try to get him to go around a few times before I offer him a treat. My daughter says he only grunts at you mum! 😂😂
Good to know it's not just him!

He's not doing it so much now, so I think maybe he's going through a less hormonal patch 😂 he doesn't do it at me, only his sister!

To me that is teeth chattering or clicking, not grunting. And not to be confused with teeth grinding.
The sound of their grunting is almost like a pig snortting but at a smaller scale.
I recommend you Google sounds they make because then there's honking, which usually happens when they are feeling "frisky". You may find this YouTube vid helpful:

Hi
Sorry I forgot to add the video 😆

Sorry I haven’t posted the video of Elf grunting
I m not sure if I m doing it right if not.

Attachments

• IMG_3357.MOV
    18.5 MB
To me that is teeth chattering or clicking, not grunting. And not to be confused with teeth grinding.
The sound of their grunting is almost like a pig snortting but at a smaller scale.
I recommend you Google sounds they make because then there's honking, which usually happens when they are feeling "frisky".

Latest posts

Back