Is this food okay?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tammy587

Reaction score
I went to this family owned pet shop across the road from me which is usually really good, cheap prices and good quality.

But today I went over there to buy some rabbit food, I was in a rush because they were closing when I got there. I grabbed this food and when I got home I noticed there was another sticker underneath it which had a bird food label.

I had already put some in his bowl, he hasn't really eaten much apart from the pellets. It contains some pellets, corn and different types of seeds.. is this okay to feed him?

Don't feed that to your rabbit unless perhaps you pick out JUST the pellets to give him. While some brands of rabbit pellets contain corn or even seeds, those are both REALLY big no-nos for rabbits - they can't digest that stuff and it can lead to serious problems.

Don't feed that to your rabbit unless perhaps you pick out JUST the pellets to give him. While some brands of rabbit pellets contain corn or even seeds, those are both REALLY big no-nos for rabbits - they can't digest that stuff and it can lead to serious problems.
Thank you. I have already gone out and bought some plain pellets because I thought that was the case.. I will remove the other food mix from his hutch when I get home.

Latest posts

Back