Is this an ok x-pen ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is the height of the pen? Is that a poo pile next to the water dish?
It's 28inch, and no, that's not poo , I couldn't find his pellet dish then but I found it and have since put them on it.

And what is that discoloration on the floor? Is that calcified urine spots?
It's paint , when they were painting the house they got it on the floor

Hi this is his pen , he gets 2-4 hours of run time a day . Is it ok?

I think it's wonderful you are trying to make improvements for Robbie, even if they're not ideal. Some will say that it needs to be bigger (which I agree with), but if it's an improvement, it's great! If you're like me, slowly, you'll let your bun take over more and more of the house (or your room) and your life. As long as you're making sure he's safe and healthy and happy more and more each day, I think you're doing great! :)

That being said, I think this looks more like a "house" for him than an x-pen. He needs a place where he can run! You said he gets time to run... is that in this x-pen or outside of it, supervised? Is this where he lives, and gets let out from here, or is this where he gets released to for his exercise? If the latter, keep trying to improve his situation!

Also I would but blankets or something down over most of the tile. Rabbits love laying on cool tile, so leave him a little space to sprawl out where it's cool and clean, but remember, rabbits do not have pads on their feet like cats and dogs, and moving around on hard floors can cause them pain over time!

Hope some of this helps, and I'm glad to be helping in your journey to give Robbie the best life you can! Give him boops for me!

https://bunnylady.com/space-for-rabbits/

Hi this is his pen , he gets 2-4 hours of run time a day . Is it ok? View attachment 54311
So great that he’s litter box trained, given that I would suggest something on the floor. I have a reusable puppy pee pad in mine that’s 4x4. You can find a variety of colors and sizes on Amazon, I’ve also seen circle shape which might work better for your set up. Maybe a place to hide (mine hides under bed) and some more toys and things to chew so he doesn’t get bored
1F2F0C00-DDBA-4CE6-B6BC-3A96A5FC7341.jpeg

I think it's wonderful you are trying to make improvements for Robbie, even if they're not ideal. Some will say that it needs to be bigger (which I agree with), but if it's an improvement, it's great! If you're like me, slowly, you'll let your bun take over more and more of the house (or your room) and your life. As long as you're making sure he's safe and healthy and happy more and more each day, I think you're doing great! :)

That being said, I think this looks more like a "house" for him than an x-pen. He needs a place where he can run! You said he gets time to run... is that in this x-pen or outside of it, supervised? Is this where he lives, and gets let out from here, or is this where he gets released to for his exercise? If the latter, keep trying to improve his situation!

Also I would but blankets or something down over most of the tile. Rabbits love laying on cool tile, so leave him a little space to sprawl out where it's cool and clean, but remember, rabbits do not have pads on their feet like cats and dogs, and moving around on hard floors can cause them pain over time!

Hope some of this helps, and I'm glad to be helping in your journey to give Robbie the best life you can! Give him boops for me!

https://bunnylady.com/space-for-rabbits/
I've owned rabbits for a few years , about 4 years , and he's free roamed for 4-6 hours a day normally , but some days it's a little less . He gets let out when we are in, and when we are out in a bunny proofed space . And sometimes it's all night , but I can't free roam him all the time right now , but when we move he will be free roamed in my bedroom 24/7 .

Hi!
Do you think itll be okay to open up that pretty pink blanket and cover the entire floor? Bunnies tend to gnaw at most things.. And the paint is a bit worrisome 🤗
Yes xx. I have 2 of them and he usually has one but it was drying that's why it's not in

Reactions: Fuz
So great that he’s litter box trained, given that I would suggest something on the floor. I have a reusable puppy pee pad in mine that’s 4x4. You can find a variety of colors and sizes on Amazon, I’ve also seen circle shape which might work better for your set up. Maybe a place to hide (mine hides under bed) and some more toys and things to chew so he doesn’t get bored
View attachment 54317
Okay, I'm going to buy him more hideys and toys very soon and I'm going to make it about 6x8ft

I'm going to let him out either till I go to bed or till the morning !

Latest posts

Back