Is this an ear infection?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChocoClover

Rabbit Geek
Reaction score
I'm worried about my bunny Maya. She will sway back and forth with her head when she sits still, and I'm really hoping it's not vertigo. It's not dramatic or fast, but definitely noticeable.

:nono

She has no head tilt. Her energy levels are normal, and she is eating and drinking normally.

She has a bonded sister, Chloe, and they get along really well. No over grooming, fighting, or anything. She has never been injured, as far as I know, and she's never been sick.

I have a bunny who might have had conjunctivitis recently. All his symptoms are gone, though, and besides, his hutch is pretty far from the sisters'.

Is swaying a normal thing for bunnies to do when they are sitting still?

Get her to a vet right away, ear infections left untreated can cause permanent damage and death.

They'll likely do penicillin injections every other day and prescribe 2 oral medications. Have you noticed any ear itching?

JBun is right on here. If she is a red eyed bun she maybe scanning which is normal for REWS ... if she is showing any other symptoms won't hurt to have her see a vet.

Latest posts

Back