Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you! I’ll have to look up the Dwarf Hotot. I’m so excited to learn about all these rabbits breeds!
Happy times! Glad everything went well and it was really nice of the rescue to help you with temporary setup. Great job, welcome to the club and any question just ask we are happy to help :)

Great! Is it one rabbit or two?? I thought it was just one, but then I saw you referring to "them" and "they."
Mixed breed but looks like has some Netherland dwarf as well, is she/he scared of you? hungry? not hiding? not defensive, no growling, no biting? Would let you to pet her or hold her?

That's great if you can access vet to do first check-up for you, also ask maybe vet can trim nails if needed, usually it needs to be done once in about 4-6 weeks so probably they are too long.

UPDATE: The rabbit has been caught. Animal control was Extremely generous and supplied me with timothy hay, pellets, food bowl, water bowl, bedding, litter, a large crate, and small crate to put inside for the little one to have some privacy. The setup is just temporary, until I can get the rabbit a much better and bigger living pen. It looks like they’re here to stay! :) I have a vet appointment set up for tomorrow evening and it looks like he/her may be a Polish breed rabbit! Excited to give this little love bug a great home! The pictures are of them in the temporary living situation, so don’t worry about the space issue!
Welcome to the Parenthood of buns! It's such a rewarding and wonderful experience ♥️ good luck and remember we are all here to help!! You did a wonderful thing!

Mixed breed but looks like has some Netherland dwarf as well, is she/he scared of you? hungry? not hiding? not defensive, no growling, no biting? Would let you to pet her or hold her?

That's great if you can access vet to do first check-up for you, also ask maybe vet can trim nails if needed, usually it needs to be done once in about 4-6 weeks so probably they are too long.
The vet also thinks he’s a Netherlands Dwarf/Dwarf mix. He’s not afraid of me, and has not shown any signs of aggression. I took him in almost a month ago and he’s pretty happy. He lets me pet him, runs up to me, and he will climb on my lap. I have not tried to hold him yet. I’ve been really patient and have just let him decide what he’s comfortable doing. The vet said he’s very healthy, and “does not have a mean bone in his body”. I just had him neutered, as well. Also, is a healthy weight, with a big appetite!

Great news, I am very happy for you :)

Latest posts

Back