is this a sign of head tilt?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbunadri

Reaction score
is this a sign of head tilt? my bunny is sleeping when i took this pic. his head always seems to lean on one side when he is sleeping?
A13A59DC-F7F8-4DA0-B40B-B6AF85587D88.jpeg

He did have ear mites for three times and my vet gave him revolution. He says it does not seem like ear mites but still seems like ear mites? (Confusing, but he can’t find out if it is ear mites or not) He doesnt really shake his head

Yikes. That's odd.
I recommend just a natural ear mite wash that you put a few drops into his ears a day. If you start to see crust form around his ears, put coconut oil on it to break it down.
Did your vet see the way his head is tilting? Did he prescribe antibiotics or steroids?
If you think your rabbit's head is tilting, bringing relief to his neck by massaging it or resting his head (the side it's tilting on) on your chest.

His head only tilts when he is loafing and it recently started, so the vet doesnt know that. He just gave him revolution.

His head only tilts when he is loafing and it recently started, so the vet doesnt know that. He just gave him revolution.
I would schedule a appointment with the vet just to get it checked out, I don't think emergency care is needed.

I would not recommend putting anything in your rabbits ears without consulting your vet first.

Normally I would say it's just a drooping head while sleeping, but because your rabbit recently had reoccurring ear mites, it could mean there's still a problem. It could be ear mites again, or your rabbit could have developed a secondary bacterial ear infection due to the ear mite problem. If you haven't already been back to the vet for this, it might be a good idea to have your vet check the ears to make sure nothing is going on in there again.

I would also continue to keep an eye out for any signs this could be worsening. Like excessive ear scratching and head shaking, tilt occurring while awake too, circling, or any balance issues. If you do suspect there is something going on, and your vet can't find anything showing in the ear canal, you may need to get head x-rays done to see if infection has started in the middle or inner ear.

http://www.medirabbit.com/EN/Neurology/Otit/otitis.htm

Latest posts

Back