Is this a Fuzzy Lop?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becca Embleton

Reaction score
I have a 9 week old male bunny, unsure of his breed. He has helicopter ears pretty much all the time, but ears do droop when he is very relaxed!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190910-104525_Video Player.jpg
    Screenshot_20190910-104525_Video Player.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 20190909_195803.jpg
    20190909_195803.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 20190908_163424.jpg
    20190908_163424.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 24
He's a lop and he's fuzzy but I don't think he's a "fuzzy lop". American Fuzzy Lops (often just called fuzzy lops) are actually a pretty uncommon breed. It's more likely that he's a lionhead lop cross (sometimes called lionlop; which is its own breed in the UK but not recognized in the US so the term is used more loosely) or a longhaired lop cross.

Thank you, I agree. I was looking around online and think he may be a lionlop. There was no information where I got him, so thanks for your insight!

From these pictures, the fur around the ears does seem a bit longer, could be a cross. But, sometimes, babies take bit to lose the fuzzy, baby fur. Give him a few months.

Just wanted to say that based on his breed his ears will probably fully drop around 6 months old. I love the picture with one ear up... so cute.

He could also be a Holland lop with the fuzzy Gene American Fuzzy Lops were created from the Holland Lops that have the fuzzy gene and they can move they're ears a lot and can have full control of moving they're ears throughout they're life.

Hi, I'm Andrew.
New to this forum, I just acquired a furry friend, she is extremely fast. Can't catch her. If held in your hands, she will kick really hard, clawing your hands. Nipped my finger, almost taking it out. She's been with me for 3 month, yet not used to me yet. Here is a photo attached. Can anyone please tell me if she is a rabbit or a hare? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20230319_100431.jpg
    IMG_20230319_100431.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Hi, I'm Andrew.
New to this forum, I just acquired a furry friend, she is extremely fast. Can't catch her. If held in your hands, she will kick really hard, clawing your hands. Nipped my finger, almost taking it out. She's been with me for 3 month, yet not used to me yet. Here is a photo attached. Can anyone please tell me if she is a rabbit or a hare? Thanks
Please begin a new thread whenever you have a question to ask, rather than tagging on to an old (or even current) post. That way you can title your thread and garner more views.
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threads/how-to-post-on-the-forum.92892/

Latest posts

Back