Is this a “nest”?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The bunny hutch main doors are open all the time. The “bedroom” hideaway area is usually closed (I only open it every week or so to wash the bed)… Last night I opened it and found it FULL of hair and hay. Did my bunnies have a fight, or is one of them making a nest? (The hay isn’t near the hutch, so one of them brought it up there)… They are not fixed yet, but they are both girls, so they can’t be pregnant. Thanks!

Attachments

• 0E27D0F9-F166-4D7D-98DC-0F7F3086C4C4.jpeg
    0E27D0F9-F166-4D7D-98DC-0F7F3086C4C4.jpeg
    128.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 8336DC91-C9FA-4087-99C6-EB35EA94D493.jpeg
    8336DC91-C9FA-4087-99C6-EB35EA94D493.jpeg
    106.4 KB · Views: 9
Yes, that is a nest. Are you absolutely certain they're both girls? It's very common for young rabbits not fully matured when you get them, to be improperly sexed. If you haven't double checked their sex since both buns have fully matured, you may want to do so.

If you aren't certain of their sexes, there's a good chance of one being pregnant, or even possibly already having had the babies, so check the nest and hutch very carefully. If no kits are found, I would still leave the nest in there for several days, in case you have a doe about to give birth.

https://www.rabbitnetwork.org/educa...rabbit-care-articles/how-to-sex-your-rabbits/
https://flashsplace.webs.com/accidentallitters.htm
If you're absolutely certain both are girls, it could be a false pregnancy.

Medirabbit: false pregnancy

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Spaying_and_neutering_rabbits

Since it’s a false pregnancy, should I clean up the nest or leave it for a few days?
I actually have to move bunnies to a new location tonight, so they’ll be disoriented already… not sure if I should bring the nest along or leave it behind…
Thanks!

I have a female bun who nested over a couple of days. I had her for a few months before so knew she wasn't pregnant however me and my daughter was in awe watching her work hard all day pulling out her fur and bringing the hay bless her she was out of breath and shattered by night time. She was panting to

I don't know my two rabbits gender.
One is bigger than the other and I am wondering if the baby, as I call him, is a boy. I think fatso is female.

I don't know my two rabbits gender.
One is bigger than the other and I am wondering if the baby, as I call him, is a boy. I think fatso is female.

Hi! I would recommend starting a new thread if you want help figuring out your rabbits’ genders. If you do start a new thread, adding pictures if possible, might be helpful!

Hi! I would recommend starting a new thread if you want help figuring out your rabbits’ genders. If you do start a new thread, adding pictures if possible, might be helpful!
Hello.
One of my posts has been deleted because it did not keep to the op's post.
It was a reply to someone on the subject of sexing my rabbits. I took it the wrong way and took back a 'like' that I sent you so apologising.

Latest posts

Back