Is there something wrong with my bunny’s skin?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Melibuen

Reaction score
About a month ago I was petting my bunny and notice that his skin felt kinda weird. When I lifted his fur to see what’s up with his skin it was all rough and felt like scabs or something. I’m not sure how to describe it. But I thought it was cuz maybe he hurt himself and a scab was forming and stuff. I felt this on his bottom back and it still hasn’t gone away. I don’t think this is normal or maybe it is I’m not sure. Is it just going to fall out and grow new fur. I hope it’s nothing bad :(

Attachments

• AE70DA5B-A143-4E90-8A28-D9312AE60D05.jpeg
    AE70DA5B-A143-4E90-8A28-D9312AE60D05.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 37
I would take your bun to be checked by an experienced rabbit vet. That could be a burst abscess, or I'm not sure what else might be going on there as it doesn't present like a typical skin disease in rabbits, but whatever it is looks like something that will need the proper veterinary treatment. Unless it's a clump of food or something like that stuck to the fur, but that would be something you would need to determine.
https://rabbit.org/vet-listings/

Latest posts

Back