Is there anyone from CA? I'm moving there this summer and I need help.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katmais_mommy

Reaction score
Question 1: Is it easy to obtain a drivers license in CA?
Question 2: Can people over 18 take an online drivers ed class?
Question 3: How many weeks does it take to complete the online drivers ed class?
Question: How easy/difficult is it to declare residency in CA? I plan on living there for 6 or more years.

Thank you!

I'm from CA and moving back this summer for vet school but since I've always been a resident, I'm not sure of the answers (although they should be easy enough to find.)
Do you have a drivers license in another state? It's pretty easy to go between states if you're already licensed. If not, I don't think you have to do drivers ed if you're over 18 (I got my permit at 15.5 and license just before my 17th birthday); you should just be able to go to the DMV and take the written and behind-the-wheel tests.

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/dl/dl_info.htm#two500

Yeah you don't have to do drivers ed if you are over 18. But I've lived in California all my life, so as a transplant maybe it's different.

Which part of California?

It's relatively easy if you already have a license. You have to take a written test and then a driver's test. If you pass both you're golden :D

Latest posts

Back