Quantcast

Is she a Silver?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

cosmicpixiedust

Reaction score
Hello! I won a bunny at the fair last Friday, and I'm very excited to have a wonderful life with my new baby. :bunny19

I was wondering if anyone could take a guess at what breed she is? My friend said she thinks she's a Silver. I've gathered that she's a tortoiseshell, but that's all I know. Also if anyone can tell if she's a young or old rabbit that would be awesome (I think she might be rather young) I read that it's almost impossible to tell the age of a bun, but even a guess would be awsome! I'll be taking her to the vet as soon as I can, but there are currently not any rabbit savvy vets in my area..so I'll have to travel.

Here's my little girl (who hated the camera flash xD)

majorv

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is a resemblance as far as type goes, but Silvers don't come in that color. I see the white flicking on her fur which is also found in that breed, but Silvers are a rare breed. I wouldn't expect her to be part Silver, but you never know. How much does she weigh?

woahlookitsme

Reaction score
She is definitely not a silver (they are pretty rare anyways)

Her coloring is Japanese harlequin. I would guess that's her breed also since she was won At a fair. Harlequins have a max weight of 9.5 lbs so if she doesn't get that big then she is a mix of some other breed

Latest posts