Is oat flour safe for bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

peanutdabunny

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I want to make some rabbit-safe treats for my bunny and know a lot of people use oat flour. I was wondering if this is okay, and if so what brand should I use. Also if any of you guys make treats maybe you could tell me some ingredients you use. @Apollo’s Slave I know you said you made treats so maybe you could help? I don't want to make this into a business, but I do want to make some cute treats for photoshoots. also, I want to be able to soak the toys my bunny doesn't like in fruits so he likes it better. Also if you could leave links to the products you use that'd be great! And maybe leave some links to your favorite mold? Can't wait to see your comments!

I usually just make my own oat flour - I can control the consistency better, but any oat flour that is 100% oats will be fine.

Any fruit or veg will work for flavours too! Cookie cutters work best for me instead of moulds.

As for fruit, you can use 100% fruit juice, soak the toys for an hour and pop it into the oven or dehydrator until dried out :)

I usually just make my own oat flour - I can control the consistency better, but any oat flour that is 100% oats will be fine.

Any fruit or veg will work for flavours too! Cookie cutters work best for me instead of moulds.

As for fruit, you can use 100% fruit juice, soak the toys for an hour and pop it into the oven or dehydrator until dried out :)
How do I make it into oat flour? Do I need pressed oats and a food proccer?
https://www.amazon.com/Presto-06300...rds=dehydrator+for+food&qid=1621603983&sr=8-3Would this be good?

Like this one :)

a food processor would work too though

Attachments

• 5B18166E-8303-4C12-9121-47ADD1BC77C7.jpeg
    5B18166E-8303-4C12-9121-47ADD1BC77C7.jpeg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1
Can oat flour be used instead? I'm having trouble getting the oats ground to the right consistency. Also, I've heard you can sub in jarred baby food (apples, carrots etc...) instead of mashing the fruit. Has anyone else tried this? I know that the baby food my nephew eats had zero additives (the ingredients list literally APPLES) so I'm wondering if I could use this instead.

Sure, why not. At treat level it isn't that important anyway. Just keep track of how much you give ;)

Latest posts

Back