Is my room too small?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joynoel

Reaction score
I have a Holland lop and I’m wondering if my room is too small for him. I just moved and my roommate has a cat so I don’t let him out the room as much. He’s chewed areas of my carpet and I’ve blocked those areas off now but I’m worried that it’s only made my small room smaller. I’ve began looking to re home him because I’m worried my room is too small for him and that he isn’t entertained as much. Now that I’m in the process of finding him a new home I’m realizing how much I’ll miss him so is my room really too small? I’d love to keep him if possible but I also just want what’s best for him.

Attachments

• D4A14BFB-0783-444B-89BD-7F6FB4E54ACC.jpeg
    D4A14BFB-0783-444B-89BD-7F6FB4E54ACC.jpeg
    234.9 KB · Views: 41
Room is not too small at all. Larger than the space I keep mine in, and mine are perfectly happy
A lot of rabbit channels and "info" sources try to shame people for keeping rabbits in anything less than a dedicated mansion. I think they just do that because it makes them feel better about themselves if they make rabbit keeping out to be harder than it really is.

Looks like he has plenty of room there to roam and binky. The area (minus the bed space) appears to easily be 50 sq ft-- which is just fine.

If you like, you can occasionally add in some items for him to explore... cardboard tunnels or boxes, etc.
Thank you, that’s a big relief :)

Room is not too small at all. Larger than the space I keep mine in, and mine are perfectly happy
A lot of rabbit channels and "info" sources try to shame people for keeping rabbits in anything less than a dedicated mansion. I think they just do that because it makes them feel better about themselves if they make rabbit keeping out to be harder than it really is.
Yeah I feel like I see people with whole rooms or even multiple rooms that they dedicate to their rabbits & I get so worried about it. I feel much better though. Thank you!

It looks good to me! To be honest, that would be a bunny mansion for my boy 🙈
This is my room in comparison lol, and though he has the option to explore, he spends a majority of his time in my little box room. He is able to go in every part of the room though, including under the bed :)

Attachments

• B2CE7482-6654-4028-9899-86FEFA983B28.jpeg
    B2CE7482-6654-4028-9899-86FEFA983B28.jpeg
    180.7 KB · Views: 31
It looks good to me! To be honest, that would be a bunny mansion for my boy 🙈
This is my room in comparison lol, and though he has the option to explore, he spends a majority of his time in my little box room. He is able to go in every part of the room though, including under the bed :)
Thank you! Yeah I had let him under the bed until recently. He would pull out the carpet there and it was hard to get him out when he did. I’ll probably get him a little hideout so he has somewhere dark to be. I suspect that’s why he liked under the bed so much.

It looks good to me too! Maybe your new carpet is just fun to chew, or maybe he's a little bored because he doesn't have as much interaction with the rest of the house.

If you think he might be bored, you could try adding in more things to play with - my rabbit is completely disinterested in toys but loves cardboard boxes and sticks, which are conveniently very cheap and easy to get, and he likes it if I give him new and different boxes put together in weird and wonderful ways regularly (gotta keep up with box demand or he starts shredding things). My rabbit also likes climbing, you can make a climbing frame by binding cardboard boxes together in a staircase shape (needs to be secured somehow so it doesn't topple over, for example you could cable tie to the bed frame) or you can get more permanent options like rabbit/cat climbing frames or carefully picked furniture. Ooooh - you can also get those cat/rabbit tunnel things, and those are not only fun for rabbits, but also collapsible, so you can store them easily if you need more space for you in your room.

EDIT: Just realised this post is kinda old, oops - sorry!

Latest posts

Back