is my rabbit getting sick or just mad at me?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumpkinbumpkin

Reaction score
So I recently started giving my rabbit 2 cups of veggies a day instead of 1.5, then i ended up changing it back to 1.5 cups a day because she wasnt eating enough hay. Ever since I decreased it 2 days ago, she's been acting weird.

In the morning she always waits for me to wake up, and then she will stay out until probably 10/11am. Then she goes into her hideout and sleeps. Ever since I changed her food back down, she waits for my mom to feed her in the morning, then she goes into her hideout straight after eating before i get up but will still come out for treats and acts normally otherwise. This is strange for her because the only times she's done this is when she was sick and refusing food.

She's also been pretty grumpy and destructive. She's woken me up multiple times throughout the night by spilling her water everywhere or chewing the pen bars or banging her litterbox against the side of her pen. When she's out for playtime all she wants to do is destroy the carpet and tear things up.

My mom just told me this morning that when I told her to start giving 1.5 cups in the morning, she also decreased her pellets to 1/2 tablespoon too. I had no idea she did that and just gave pumpkin the rest of her pellets and told her to keep giving her 1 tablespoon.

What do you guys think is going on with pumpkin? Could she be having an upset stomach from the changes in her diet? Could she just be mad that she isn't getting as much as usual? Or could she maybe just be having some grumpy days? Is there anything I should do for her?

So I recently started giving my rabbit 2 cups of veggies a day instead of 1.5, then i ended up changing it back to 1.5 cups a day because she wasnt eating enough hay. Ever since I decreased it 2 days ago, she's been acting weird.

In the morning she always waits for me to wake up, and then she will stay out until probably 10/11am. Then she goes into her hideout and sleeps. Ever since I changed her food back down, she waits for my mom to feed her in the morning, then she goes into her hideout straight after eating before i get up but will still come out for treats and acts normally otherwise. This is strange for her because the only times she's done this is when she was sick and refusing food.

She's also been pretty grumpy and destructive. She's woken me up multiple times throughout the night by spilling her water everywhere or chewing the pen bars or banging her litterbox against the side of her pen. When she's out for playtime all she wants to do is destroy the carpet and tear things up.

My mom just told me this morning that when I told her to start giving 1.5 cups in the morning, she also decreased her pellets to 1/2 tablespoon too. I had no idea she did that and just gave pumpkin the rest of her pellets and told her to keep giving her 1 tablespoon.

What do you guys think is going on with pumpkin? Could she be having an upset stomach from the changes in her diet? Could she just be mad that she isn't getting as much as usual? Or could she maybe just be having some grumpy days? Is there anything I should do for her?
Oh and I forgot to add this, but I recently bought her a new bag of (the same) pellets. They are a lighter color than normal, but I'm assuming that's okay? It's the exact same kind so it should still be the same ingredients.

As long as there are no other signs of sickness, she's probablyupset with you--rabbits are creatures of habit and do not like change, and they will hold onto to grudges, sometimes for months. I'd check the ingredients on the new bag of food againt the old one if you still have the bag. Companies are always searching for cheaper substitutes and usually say new and improved--the new refers to a cheaper method of making it and the improved part is usually about their profit.

As long as there are no other signs of sickness, she's probablyupset with you--rabbits are creatures of habit and do not like change, and they will hold onto to grudges, sometimes for months. I'd check the ingredients on the new bag of food againt the old one if you still have the bag. Companies are always searching for cheaper substitutes and usually say new and improved--the new refers to a cheaper method of making it and the improved part is usually about their profit.
Yep I know all about that 😂 Pumpkin is very particular about how she wants things and gets upset with me if I don't do something right lol. I just checked and it's all the same ingredients. Thanks :)

Latest posts

Back