Is my rabbit a boy or girl?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cindyrellaz

Reaction score
Sorry for the crude photo :p we have had our baby Boccochini for about 3 months so she is around 5 months old. For this whole time we have thought she was a girl, even a vetinarian confirmed this when she was younger (I understand it's harder to tell when they are young). It seems like all of a sudden these came from no where!! I've done research and everything is saying she is a boy and those are testies but I'm just so confused! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20191123_145317.jpg
    20191123_145317.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 45
Your bunny it’s definitely a boy. Sometimes bunnies get sexed wrong because some kits can look really like a doe and the other way around.

It happen quite often and mistake happens. They are just hard telling the different as a kit. Your bunny must been one of those kits that was hard to see what sex he was before.

Thank you so much for your reply!! It's good to get some confirmation, but so bewildering as he had more feminem features compared to our other boy! Thank you for your response, luckily Boccochini is a uni-sex name :rolleyes:

Boy for sure. Same thing happened to me. I was told girl when my bunny was young but then I noticed testicles and the vet confirmed boy. It happens frequently.

Male rabbits have the ability to withdraw their testes into their abdominal cavity. When we first found our male rabbit Mordecai we thought he was a doe because he had done exactly that.

She's a boy! I know the feeling I've got an 8 week girl and then she was a boy and got a 9 week boy and she's a girl after all so welcome to the club :))
He's a very beautiful boy btw now you'd need to rename him :)

A lot of vets know next to nothing around rabbits, especially how to sex them. This here is definitely a boy.

LAUGHING!

He’s sooooo cute! What does his name mean?

EDIT UPDATE: Now I’m really laughing....I Googled “Boccochini”...

Last edited:
Now I googled it too, no need to rename at all :)

Latest posts

Back