Is my holland lop a false dwarf?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kate7654

Reaction score
I have two holland lop rabbits. My doe Bella is slightly over 4 pounds. She’s like 4 1/2 pounds. She has long ears to. I just bred her to a for sure true dwarf buck Benny. I would be certain she’s a false dwarf except that her old owner who bred her twice said that in her first litter she had a whopping 6 kits! She did say that she had one peanut in the first litter but in the second litter she didn't have any peanuts. I don’t know if it was a true peanut or if it was just a runt that died for some reason. In her second litter she had four babies no peanuts. I just want to know what to expect for Bella’s litter. Thanks!!image.jpg image.jpg

It's hard to tell imo without seeing their littermates and relatives. False dwarfs from good show quality lines often look a bit similar to true dwarfs from other lines. I'd personally lean towards false dwarf on this rabbit, but that's pretty much just a guess.

Latest posts

Back