Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suggii

Reaction score
i recently attempted to breed my 6 month old doe and my 5 month buck. ive seen him fall over multiple times, however im not sure if the deed was actually done. this was about 2-3 weeks ago

here is what ive notices so far:
  • shes been a lot nicer to me, usually very timid and mean
  • though they were bonded before, she hates my buck now and won’t let him mount her
  • she’s been eating a lot more, finishing a whole bowl of food now.
  • she’s been digging into the corners of her pen, and digging into the pen in general
i tried to palpate her, but it stressed her too much so i stopped but i only felt some kind of round grape thing..it went away when i tried to feel it again though.

is she pregnant? id really like to know!

Most likely yes! if you can feel something like grapes, usually means babies. Mood can change as well. females don’t let males mount when pregnant and digging can be a sign of her trying to make a place to nest, to deliver her babies!

Agreed, but unless you know how to palpate it’s best not to try. Though not a 100% sure sign, a very likely sign that she’s pregnant is when she starts gathering hay in her mouth and trying to make a nest. Have a nestbox handy to give her about day 28. First time moms don’t always know what to do though, so watch her.

I never can tell by palpating, have to wait the full time to be sure. Sometimes it's obvious, when they get huge in the last days, but not always, I got litters that I wasn't really counting on, and complete surprises as well. Whenever there is a slight chance or there are telltale signes like haystaching nad nestbuilding they get a nestbox, rest and privacy.

I try to check on them often when the time comes, something always can go wrong, like kits outside the nest, or not building a propper nest.

Reactions: kat
Alright! It’s about either week 3 or 4 now, 3 for sure but 4 is an estimate. She’s a false holland lop so she’s quite big and has never been weighed..I’m assuming that might’ve been why it was harder to palpate her.

i heard that some does end up building their nest days before birth, right before, and even after..I’m hoping her instincts kick in since she’s a first time mom! I gave her a shopping basket filled with newspaper and some hay but she’s only been eating it and sitting in it

Latest posts

Back