Is My Bunny The Color I Thought?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlopsyBunnies4

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a buck named Stormy, we got him off Craigslist as a baby from a huge rabbitry. He is a purebred Holland Lop and is part of my super small rabbitry (only four rabbits). Ok, so I'm pretty sure he is a Blue Point in coloring but wanted to see what you guys think. He isn't pedigreed.

Facts about Stormy, that could help determine his coloring:

- When paired with a Blue Tort they all had Blue Point and Blue Tort babies (with the reception of one litter where they had I believe the baby was a Smoke Pearl).

- When paired with a Chestnut VM they had both dilute and dominate colored babies (colors include: orange, cream, chestnut, opal, black, cream harlequin, and orange harlequin. (the harlequins are from mom's side, her pedigree has a lot of Harlequins and Bews).

- I recall (but am not totally sure) his breeders mentioned something about his parents being black and maybe Blue Tort?

- As you will see in the pictures, he is very smutty in coloring (especially in the summer). He was lighter when we first got him.

Maybe this is ridiculous, but I just wanted to see what you guys think :)

Stormy:
IMG_2473.jpegIMG_1244.jpegIMG_1614 2.jpeg

Stormy's son, I think a Smoke Pearl in coloring:
IMG_3147 4.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0036.jpeg
    IMG_0036.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 0
Thanks for your help!

Do you know how I could have gotten a Sable Point out of a Blue Tort and a Blue Point? Here are a few other pictures of Stormy's son... He almost had ticking but I'm not sure how that could have happened 🤷‍♀️ He looked like a Blue Point when he was really little and gradually got darker. IMG_1249.jpeg IMG_8089.jpeg

Oops I didn't see what those parents are
I'd say he was a just a really dark blue point instead then
A smoke pearl would also be impossible out of that pair, as both parents are non-extension

Latest posts

Back