Is my bunny sick?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haru the Lionhead

Reaction score
Guys, haru has been resting alot more lately, she doesn’t do binkies as much and doesn’t really play alot, ahe is eating hay, but it’s less than usual. I don’t know if she’s sick or not because she hasn’t been active as much but when i let her go to my room, where she isn’t usually allowed to go to, she gets excited and goes everywhere to explore, and she also gets excited for treats and begs for veggies, it’s just the hay that she isn’t really eating much, and lays down all the time if it’s not my room or the backyard.
I see oval poops every two/three days, but I don’t think about it much because it’s not much, she poops normal right after. It’s been two days that she hasn’t sneezed. I also found something on her back, close to her shoulder, it’s a little bit harsh to the touch, it feels like there is a bone that is sticking out of her, when I touch it it doesn’t look like it’s hurting her, I tried to look closely but the fur is in the way. I’m going to the vet today to get her nails cut, do I need to get her checked?

Oh no! Please get her checked over ASAP! Especially since in your other post, you said that you think she has diarrhea. I hope she is ok! If she isn't eating enough hay, reduce her pellets so she has to eat more hay to stay full.

Oh no! Please get her checked over ASAP! Especially since in your other post, you said that you think she has diarrhea. I hope she is ok! If she isn't eating enough hay, reduce her pellets so she has to eat more hay to stay full.
About the diarrhea.. I think it’s runny cecotropes, I looked it up and it says that it could be stress or diet, I haven’t changed anything in her diet so I think that it’s because she isn’t eating hay as much as before, or she could be stressed because we’re trying to brush her. It was only 2 runny cecotropes, after the photo she stopped. And now she is eating, when we came back home from the vet, she was laying down, I still can’t tell the difference between the hunched up/sick position and the relaxed one, but I heard her teeth grinding, i was petting her and I don’t know if she was enjoying it or of she was in pain, she does it four times and stops and after a few minutes she does it again, four times and stops. I also heard a sound like blub blub, it’s like what my stomach makes when I’m gassy. I didn’t know if it was the same or if it was from her teeth. But after that she got up and ran to the kitchen, she chased my mom, and ate well.

Guys, haru has been resting alot more lately, she doesn’t do binkies as much and doesn’t really play alot, ahe is eating hay, but it’s less than usual. I don’t know if she’s sick or not because she hasn’t been active as much but when i let her go to my room, where she isn’t usually allowed to go to, she gets excited and goes everywhere to explore, and she also gets excited for treats and begs for veggies, it’s just the hay that she isn’t really eating much, and lays down all the time if it’s not my room or the backyard.
I see oval poops every two/three days, but I don’t think about it much because it’s not much, she poops normal right after. It’s been two days that she hasn’t sneezed. I also found something on her back, close to her shoulder, it’s a little bit harsh to the touch, it feels like there is a bone that is sticking out of her, when I touch it it doesn’t look like it’s hurting her, I tried to look closely but the fur is in the way. I’m going to the vet today to get her nails cut, do I need to get her checked?
I think she’s starting to get stasis, it doesn’t sound good! Since you’re getting her nails done, getting her checked wouldn’t do any harm and it’s probably a good idea

Latest posts

Back