Is my bunny revengeful?...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droniuke

Reaction score
Hi, I have my bunny Leo for 7 months now, he lived in a playpen, but now he’s fully free roam bunny for a one week now. He’s already neutered. It’s been almost a month now after operation. So before the operation his litter box habits were quite okey, sometimes he was just marking his territory. We got him fixed and all the marking poops disappeared. So We were playing with him the other day, we annoyed him a little bit with the toys, he got angry, but that was funny, he was just tossing the toys, but then after some time we came to the room and all over the sofa were poops Everywhere 🙈 I cleaned it, came back and again, so many poops😰 Everything was okey again for a night and the next day, but today, in the morning I came to the room and again...a lot of poops on the sofa and he even peed a little bit😣 Is he angry on us for something or it’s just his litter box habits got worse? Please help, because it’s really annoying😩

You should never make a bunny angry 😂

But it can be he still have hormones in the system, it can take 2 months post neuter until it calm downs. Try to restrict the couch from him for some time, so he don’t get it as a habit.

Myself made one of my boys angry with me and he choice to urinate and poop all over my bed, he also bit me. That was the first time of having him for 2 years, that he even used the bed as a litter box but it was the only time. So I believe bunnies can take a bit of revenge when you make them annoyed or grumpy 😂

Oh thank you!☺️ I was worried a bit, I thought operation didn’t help with this, but now I just won’t let him on the sofa for some time☺️👍

You should never make a bunny angry 😂

But it can be he still have hormones in the system, it can take 2 months post neuter until it calm downs. Try to restrict the couch from him for some time, so he don’t get it as a habit.

Myself made one of my boys angry with me and he choice to urinate and poop all over my bed, he also bit me. That was the first time of having him for 2 years, that he even used the bed as a litter box but it was the only time. So I believe bunnies can take a bit of revenge when you make them annoyed or grumpy 😂

Completely agree. I have one of the grouchiest bunnies known to man and she completely blanked me all night last night, after I had to stop her from humping my other bun’s face 😯. Was fully expecting some sort of pay back. It may still happen haha

What did you expect after pissing off a rabbit? 🤣

My rabbit is revengeful. The first few times I clipped her nails, she would manage to hop on the bed and pee/poop on it whenever I walked out of the room. She's even peed on me before to show me how disapproving she was. I've learned my lesson now and she's not allowed on the bed after clippings 😂.

Haha, no, it's not revenge. Using beds and sofas as toilets is a very common problem. Your best bet is to block off access for a few months and hope he grows out of the habit.

Thank you all for your replies and advices☺️ I thought it’s because we annoyed him, but it’s been a four days already and behaviour didn’t disappear yet, so I think it’s just hormones then🙈 We can’t really block the sofa during the day,so I put pee pads and some blanket on top and for the night I block with his cage so he can’t jump on🤦🏻‍♀️ Also trying to spray some water a little bit when he’s pooping in a daytime, it helps for that moment but after some time he does it again😩

Haha, no, it's not revenge. Using beds and sofas as toilets is a very common problem. Your best bet is to block off access for a few months and hope he grows out of the habit.
I personally think it is. She never does it until it's nail clipping day. She used me as a toilet as well and that never happens on any other occasion. Otherwise, she's very litter trained.

I personally think it is. She never does it until it's nail clipping day. She used me as a toilet as well and that never happens on any other occasion. Otherwise, she's very litter trained.
It's a stress reaction.

Agree with Diane R. as our buns are generally very laid back but when they do get upset they let us know immediately.....not "save it for later". (Also, if amends are called for we make those immediately as well.....usually a good petting or a few craisins or dandelion loops and all is forgiven.) Really suggest more people check out Rabbit Body Language (language.rabbitspeak.com) as it's not only fun to read it's exceptionally helpful in learning to "speak" rabbit.

Latest posts

Back