Is my bunny ok?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Teeth grinding can be cause for an underlying issue, but if it's the first time you heard it it may be hard to say what bun is doing it for. Keep tabs on that because grinding teeth is usually a sign of pain.
However, the "purring" they can do when pleased and content can be louder than you'd expect making it seem like they are grinding. May be something to speak with your vet over.
As for laying down after and legs out, do you mean something like this?
My bunnies (you can barely see my black fella behind my girl doing the same thing) lay in many different positions. This is their side lay. It shows they are content in their surroundings.
Yes, that’s what he does.

18 years of feeding anywhere from 10 to 31 rabbits when the captured females (abandoned and giving birth on the street) brought in 16 little ones. Callous humans dump their rabbits when unwanted, and pregnancies occur.

Our crew get less than what HRS suggests. A romaine or red leaf leaf and 2 cilantro strands in the a.m., then about a cup of mixed greens/veggies for supper. All low-calcium (oxalate) greens. One of the street babies developed a bladder stone which was removed and our DVM steered me to all low-calcium.

All do well and our crew live to the ages of 13 1/2 on average. Plus we have a few that get runny poo if given too much greens.

Was it this forum or my various facebook groups that suggested: give a bun their body size in fresh day each day, and their head size in fresh veggies. Please let me know if this was posted by one of the mods or admins here.

Latest posts

Back