Is my bunny in pain?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Humphrey&Olive

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my 18 month old rabbit Humphrey used to flop on his side all the time, or stretch out and just get comfortable. For the last few months he only ever sits in the loaf position, he is eating and pooping fine but I’m just worried. I know it sounds like a daft question but do they just grow out of it or do you think he’s in pain? He sleeps and just sits still for most of the day, has a wander for about an hour. I’ve been staying up through the night wondering if he’s more active in the night but he’s not. My other bun Olive is always flopping and rolling around. He just seems to have no energy. His appetite is completely fine though.
Thanks
Lydia

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 6
It's not a daft question. But since you have concerns, is there any way that you can check with a vet? They may be able to feel around his tummy, or check whats going on. Glad he is eating though, hopefully he's getting lots of hay. Are his litter habits normal?

It's not a daft question. But since you have concerns, is there any way that you can check with a vet? They may be able to feel around his tummy, or check whats going on. Glad he is eating though, hopefully he's getting lots of hay. Are his litter habits normal?

I wasn’t sure whether he’s just found a comfier way to chill out and didn’t want to waste vets time if it was a normal thing but I will ring them in the morning thank you :) yes he’s eating lots of hay and his litter habits are normal. I just can’t tell the difference between the ‘hunched’ or ‘loaf’ position ! Thank you.

Latest posts

Back