Is my bunny dying? Please help

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halimabrooks

Reaction score
Hello, so I have a male bunny named Alfie. He is now nearing 6 years old. He has been struggling with his weight ever since his best friend passed away. He seemed depressed all the time and wouldn’t move much like he used to, he slowly gained weight and I have been trying for so long to get him moving but he just won’t. He seemed fine earlier today but all of a sudden he can’t move or get up, he made a weird noise earlier that concerned my mum but i wasn’t informed until now, he is limp on the floor and tries every now and then to get up but his legs don’t work and I don’t think he can support himself. We have given him salad and he has been eating it normally and seems to have a slight appetite. He makes a squeaky noise when he attempts to get up, and his breathing also seems irregular or it might be me just over analysing it. The reason I came here is because i can’t get in touch with a vet and if he is passing away I would like some advice on making him comfortable and what I should be doing, I’m incredibly sad and hope that he gets better but it doesn’t seem that way. I would appreciate any insight on this situation and any advice.

Thank you.

With everything you're describing you need to see a vet, even if it isn't your regular vet, or is at an emergency clinic. Everything you are describing is very serious. Call into other clinics and let them know the symptoms and that you are on your way.

Sorry the link is wrong just look up Just answer it's a dollar then it gives you a free trial
Given the situation being described, this is a medical emergency that will not be able to be fixed without a vet present and delivering intense intervention... my guess is that it's neurological or cardiac, although it's hard to know without a vet examining the rabbit. Irregular breathing and not being able to stand is a medical emergency and he will need to be seen by a vet, even if that intervention is to ease his suffering in passing.

Hi everyone, unfortunately Alfie passed away last night. I didn’t get time to get a vet to see him it was quite sudden. Thank you for the messages, I’m incredibly devastated he was my little baby. I hope he’s in a better place now 😣

I am so sorry for your loss... It is very sad when a rabbit dies and they mean so much to us. I hope you find peace in knowing how much you loved him and he loved you and that any suffering he had is gone now.

Latest posts

Back