Is my bunny dying of fright or is she just tired?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michellecuylits

Reaction score
My bunny was having a sun bath in the garden when suddenly two stray cats got in my yard and chased her around. It lasted for about a minute, and she managed to hide under some trees. She didn't got hurt or anything, just got chased around.
When I held her she wasn't shaking, actually she was extremely calm, which I thought was weird.
This was about an hour ago, and she is still just laying in her cage sleeping, doesn't want to eat or walk around.
I'm so worried, is she going to be okay? I can't figure out if she's just tired of running so much or if she's frightened. Please help :'(

My bunny was having a sun bath in the garden when suddenly two stray cats got in my yard and chased her around. It lasted for about a minute, and she managed to hide under some trees. She didn't got hurt or anything, just got chased around.
When I held her she wasn't shaking, actually she was extremely calm, which I thought was weird.
This was about an hour ago, and she is still just laying in her cage sleeping, doesn't want to eat or walk around.
I'm so worried, is she going to be okay? I can't figure out if she's just tired of running so much or if she's frightened. Please help :'(

hi, I am sorry that this happened to her. You should give her some food in her bowl and some nice veggies and just leave her where there are no predators around to relax. She should be okay, although on some rare occasions they do die of stress, I would recommend talking to your vet if she gets any worse.

If she is lethargic, floppy and not responding appropriately, then it could be she is experiencing something like tonic immobility, where a sudden fright causes them to go into a temporary state of shock as a survival mechanism. Usually within an hour or two they will recover and return to normal. However, a sudden fright can also lead to heart problems surfacing, and possible cardiac arrest. I can't say which one is going on with your rabbit, but if you have an experienced rabbit vet you can call, I would suggest doing that.

Rabbit vet: South America

Oh and she
hi, I am sorry that this happened to her. You should give her some food in her bowl and some nice veggies and just leave her where there are no predators around to relax. She should be okay, although on some rare occasions they do die of stress, I would recommend talking to your vet if she gets any worse.
hi thank you so much for your reply, it's nice hearing that she should be okay. I gave her some nice veggies but she doesnt seem to be interested, although she is a little more active now and less floppy. I'm keeping an eye out and if she gets any worse I'll take her to my vet.

If she is lethargic, floppy and not responding appropriately, then it could be she is experiencing something like tonic immobility, where a sudden fright causes them to go into a temporary state of shock as a survival mechanism. Usually within an hour or two they will recover and return to normal. However, a sudden fright can also lead to heart problems surfacing, and possible cardiac arrest. I can't say which one is going on with your rabbit, but if you have an experienced rabbit vet you can call, I would suggest doing that.

Rabbit vet: South America

Thank you! I believe that's what happened, she was acting letargic and her body felt floppy. She is alot better now, although shes still not acting 100% like herself. I'm keeping an eye out if anything changes. Thank you again ❤️

Oh and she

hi thank you so much for your reply, it's nice hearing that she should be okay. I gave her some nice veggies but she doesnt seem to be interested, although she is a little more active now and less floppy. I'm keeping an eye out and if she gets any worse I'll take her to my vet.
No problem, all the best to her!

She might have low blood sugar. That can happen after a stress like that. If she will eat anything, maybe try offering her a little piece of fruit.

Latest posts

Back