Is my bunny cold?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pinkiepets

Reaction score
Hey! My dwarf rabbit was shaking when I held her is that normal or is she cold? My rabbits used to be inside but have to be in the garage now, they have a heat lamp and blankets but I’m worried that she’s cold? What is the coldest temperature a dwarf bunny can take?

https://wabbitwiki.com/wiki/Cold_weather_concerns> "They are best kept at temperatures of 55°F (12.7°C) to 72°F (22.2°C)."

Given the context that you're holding her, it is more likely that she is anxious/nervous from being held, causing her to shake.

Re: now being housed in the garage, a single heat lamp and blankets (presumably on the ground?) doesn't sound adequate in my experience of US garages and their lack of insulation. I would take some time to see how you can create a more insulated, roomy enclosure in the garage (while being mindful of ventilation and air circulation, especially if the garage is actively used for cars and such:

Latest posts

Back