Is My Bunny Bored???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashbun

Reaction score
Hello,

My rabbit, Cinamon, lives outside in a hutch with a big run attached. She has a lot of space to run and play but because she lives outside, it's not easy to spend lots of time with her, especially when it's raining.
She no longer has a friend because, her sister, died a few months ago :(
I am looking for another friend for her, but i cant get one at the moment, because of coronavirus.
Everything about keeping rabbits occupied and happy that i read online is for house rabbits, and a lot of the things i cannot do.
I try to spend as much time as i can with her, and give her new toys sometimes, but she stops using them after a while.
I don't know for sure if she is bored, but i would like to know, so i could do more for her.
Does anyone know how to tell if she's bored, and if she is, any ideas of how to keep her happy.

Thanks for any help! 😊 😊 😊

She just need to spend time with you or have a stuffed toy, I know that my bunny Toste lost his mate last month. He was a bit sad but as long I spent time or just walked by he was happy. Even though I was not spending time with him, he would start to play and do zoomies just because he could see me being out in the yard.

I took him in now, so he lives in my bedroom ☺️

Since she has lost a mate, you need to give her company. Give her a stuffed bunny or even teddy. Better same color as her companion. Best is to bring her in sometimes of the day when ever you are free. Cuddle her and spend sometimes with her.

Spending more time with her will help. :) I'm sorry about your other bunny. *hugs*

Thanks for the help :)
i am going to find a stuffed toy today 😊
A while ago i actually did put an indoor cage in my bedroom, and let it roam loose, but it just seemed so much more happy outside 😳

Thanks for the help :)
i am going to find a stuffed toy today 😊
A while ago i actually did put an indoor cage in my bedroom, and let it roam loose, but it just seemed so much more happy outside 😳

Some bunnies prefer living outdoors than indoors. It’s a matter of their personality and how they live.

My outdoor I had, lived outdoor only because my previous doe hated being indoors. She got stressed and destructive even though she had the house. She alway showed her discomfort towards the night and was unhappy. When she moved outdoors she started to binky, dig her burrows and chew up her cage however she wanted 🤣

So she was truly an outdoor bunny, while the my boy is not truly an outdoor bunny. He likes being outdoor he will do zoomies and binky a lot more. But it can just be because he’s not used with the indoor life. He have the routine to wake me up 6 o’clock in the morning at least better than my other indoor bunny that’s go after me around 4 o’clock with his zoomies on my bed if he’s not locked in the cage.

😄
I think my bunny is an outdoor bunny then....because often if shes in my room, she will thump her foot and try to hide.
but maybe im doing something wrong when shes in there...

Latest posts

Back