Quantcast

Is my bunnies breed Teddy Bear ?

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Mariam+Theo

Reaction score
Teddy Bear is not a breed of rabbit. They are probably mixed breeds. How much do they weigh? They look like an Angora/Lop mix.

JBun

Jenny - Health & Wellness Mod
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Teddy Bear is not a breed of rabbit. They are probably mixed breeds. How much do they weigh? They look like an Angora/Lop mix.
It actually is the name of a breed from Germany, though teddy bear isn't the precise name of the breed. The breed names are Teddy Widder and Teddy Dwerg/Zwerg. The Teddy Widder are with floppy ears. Basically they are rabbits with angora type coats that don't continue to grow and need shearing like angoras do. From all appearances, the rabbits in the photo could be considered Teddy Widder rabbits who's ears haven't flopped completely yet.

Happy Hollands

Reaction score
It actually is the name of a breed from Germany, though teddy bear isn't the precise name of the breed. The breed names are Teddy Widder and Teddy Dwerg/Zwerg. The Teddy Widder are with floppy ears. Basically they are rabbits with angora type coats that don't continue to grow and need shearing like angoras do. From all appearances, the rabbits in the photo could be considered Teddy Widder rabbits who's ears haven't flopped completely yet.

No way, I totally just learned something new! That is SO interesting. In America, Angora's are probably the closest thing you could find to that.

Mariam+Theo

Reaction score

That is so cool! I had no idea! I'm going to look into that breed. It would be a good option for people who like Angoras' but don't have time for shearing (like me!).

Latest posts