Is my bun pregnant?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samiad38

Reaction score
Hi, so I have a 6month old doe Ruby and two males. All kept separate and 5 weeks ago we had the males neutered however these was an incident where the males and Ruby all got out together and there was mating going on. This was about 10 days post castration for the males. Since then, Ruby has built a nest, she was grumpy for a while but over all is pretty friendly still. She’s a bit bigger than the boys and I think she has put on a little weight but not lots and no idea if she could actually be pregnant or not as I’ve heard that males can have viable sperm left for up to 4/6 weeks. So how likely is it that she is pregnant. It’s day 33 today and no babies. I have been checking her nest daily and I ruffled it up quite a bit this morning and she re organised it by the afternoon but she hasn’t been doing anything that I would class as unusual or odd. I’m so confused? I don’t want to remover the nest by assuming it’s a phantom pregnancy so what should I do? What do you all think?

Latest posts

Back