Is it time to get him fixed?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachaeeelanneee

Reaction score
My rabbit Moo, is a male holland lop who is about five months old. When I got him, the first thing I did was litter train him, and he sometimes pooped outside his litter box, but never peed. Now though, I'm finding pee in his cage where his litter box is not. And it smells, terrible. He hasn't gotten more aggressive, but maybe more active. Is this him going through puberty? Is it now time to get him fixed?

Thanks for the help:)

Yeah, that sounds like territorial marking. Some rabbits are more keen on this than others - the first rabbits I got never did this, but my youngest one became a pee-monster when puberty hit. It was pretty horrible, he was spraying EVERYTHING. But to neuter him was like magic (really!), he didn't peed outside of the litterbox once since he got fixed. Five months old is a pretty good age to do it too. You don't want to wait too much or he will take habits which will be harder to get rid off. I'm pretty sure I don't have to remind you, but try to find a rabbit-savy vet - some vets really don't seem to know anything about rabbits, to a point it's scary.

mine too, it really helped them in every way. Before i got them fixed they would bite and pee everywhere, even thought they were litter trained. Now there not aggressive and love to be cuddled, and they'll use there litter box, even if I move it.

Latest posts

Back