Is it safe to get a new pet during a pandemic?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsBun

Reaction score
I’m meeting someone to get a bunny tomorrow. I’m going to be safe obviously and do it quick without much contact (meeting outside) But I can’t really wash a rabbit to clean off germs from the owner holding it before me. What could be done? Let it play in the sun before handling it? lol :/ also has anybody heard if rabbits can get the virus? Tried to do research and they only talk about cats and dogs.
i just can’t find information on if it is safe or not.

Rabbits can not get coronavirus so the rabbit will be fine. I would just wash your hands and everything that the owner touched. Make sure to keep the rabbit out of your face too.

Yeah, you will be fine. If the person is willing to meet to they probably aren't sick. Good luck though!

I got mine during the pademic and i say its fine to do! The stayed back and let my bun smell me then i picked her up put the money down and brought her home!

I got mine during the pademic and i say its fine to do! The stayed back and let my bun smell me then i picked her up put the money down and brought her home!

That is what I did too! What breed did you get? I got 2 dwarf hotots!

I'm so happy for you! Other than virus concerns, I think during a pandemic is a great time to get a bunny! You'll likely be home more and get to spend all the time in the world bonding and cuddling!

Latest posts

Back