Is It Possible, or Likely, That My Dwarf Mix Has Chinchilla Fur?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katherine at sacred stories

Reaction score
My little Harvey is an agouti brown, very small mix rabbit. Because of the shape of his face and paws, I think he may be dwarf mix. His fur is even silkier than my other rabbit. It is very soft and maybe a little longer. It looks like pictures of chinchilla rabbits that I've seen. I'm wondering if there might be some chinchilla in his mix.

I'm wondering if that's possible for a dwarf and how common it might be. Harvey was adopted from a shelter so there's no way of knowing his family history;)

I would attach a picture but my scanner and my digital camera are on the fritz...so I'm photographically challenged at present. Sorry. Any general thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

Netherland Dwarfs are recognized in both chinchilla and chestnut agouti. Chestnut Agouti I would say where I am is more common than chinchilla. Ill post a picture of both colors so you can see since a picture cant be provided at this time

Chestnut%20Agouti%20%282%29.JPG

Sometimes in lighting chins can look brownish in tint but in natural light should have silver instead of brown in the hair shafts
Gitta%203.jpg

Latest posts

Back