Is it ok to feed critical care even though bunny isn’t sick?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweet Potato rabbit

Reaction score
My bun had an episode of stasis about 1.5months ago, during which I had to feed him the anise flavour critical care. He was resistant initially but I think I he fell in love with it after the 3rd feeding and licked up every single bit without being forced to. Since it’s such a big bag and there’s an expiry date to it, I’m wondering if it’s ok to feed him a small amount (perhaps 1/4-1/2 tablespoon) every week as a treat 😅. Any thoughts?

You can if you want. It's usually not going to hurt anything. Think of it being part of the daily pellet ration, just in mush form.

One way I keep my critical care(the dry powder) fresh for longer, is to keep it in the freezer. Food stays good longer at lower temps. Not saying you should use yours past the exp. date, but I have used mine past the exp. date when it's been kept this way(having checked first it doesn't smell rancid). Though I will note that any chance of it being rancid or moisture getting in and mold growth occurring, it shouldn't be used.

Latest posts

Back