Is it normal for bunnies not to eat certain veggies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raisin

Reaction score
Raisin loves carrots and whole wheat bread but does not like any other veggies I have introduced her to. I have tried cauliflower, broccoli, gem squash, potato peelsandbeans. Will she get enough nutrition out of just carrots, pellets, bread and hay? She gets raisins as treats every now and again and loooovvveees them!

Keep trying some new things, all bunnies have different tastes.

Suggestions: Red Romane Lettus, Cilantro, Parsley, Radish (and the greens), Kale, Danelions - I can get all that from my grocery store (yes even the danelions)

Some fruit you can try (but keep it in moderation, tiny amounts): Strawberries, Bananna, Honeydew Melon

Keep the carrots in moderation, I would give them as a treat instead of a everydaydiet item.

Oh great thanks! I have a parsley plant growing in my garden, I will see if she likes it. I also got the greens of the carrots at the Veggie store todayas people say that rabbits like them a lot. Will def try the other suggestions, thanks!

She does not eat a lot of carrots though, she prefers the hay and pellets, but I will keep it as a treat. I also tried a cherry yesterday and she just gave it one bite and wasnt interested anymore.

my bunny doesnt seem to like fruit. i gave her a tiny piece of banana, a little slice of apple, pineapple, and honeydewm elon and she didnt want any of it (this was all on different days of course!). she does love her veggies though! loves romaine, red leaf lettuce, broccoli, cilantro, parsley, and baby spinach. i am going to try radishes next.

Mine are very picky. If I put some veggies in their hutch that they dont like they will eat everything else and push the ones they dont like away!!:?

Just a heads up for the future, potato peels are on the toxiclist of vegetable. Also cauliflower and broccoli can be very gassy.

I would maybe try romain lettuce (A huge hit at my house), celery, and parsley. My girls love those three! Also, I have a mint plant, and they adore fresh mint.

Thanks alot for the bit about potato peels. When I grew up my mom used to give 2 of our rabbits potato peels and they loved it and did not get sick at all, so that's why I tried it with Raisin as well. Luckily she did not like it!

Last night I gave her the greens of the carrot and she loves it! I am so happy that I found another veggie that she likes, I felt like giving her just carrots is so boring and not enough nutrients.

:gun:pOTATO PEELS & TOXIC VEGGIES!!!!

Where can I find a list of toxic veggies and fruit?

For my buns I just like to try random things i know are ok out on them, just go to the store and see what on sale...My buns love Romain, parsley, cilantro, kale, collard greens, carrots ect...i guess they are not that picky, except they don't like bell peppers much.

I have a question though. Since its strawberry season and I have been buying them alot. I like to sit next to the bun cage and give them pieces of strawberries after I have eaten most of it, trying to keep it moderated, I just wantt to make sure that the tops of the berries were ok for them to eat...

Gretchen doesn't always eat a veggie when I first introduce it to her. She seems to be suspicious of it. But after I have given to her a few days, she often scarfs it up and it becomes her favorite. I think it takes buns a little while to get used to new tastes. She wouldn't eat the raisins at first, but now she begs for them all the time.

Also, I noticed on the cafe carrot list it says that citrus peels are dangerous. I have bunny book that says citrus peels are good. Does anyone know anything about this?

So far we've found that Holly likes to eat brussel sprouts, broccoli, romaine, spinich, basil, apples, banana, orange. That's about all we've tried with her. Every time something new was intoduced it took her a while to eat it. But eventually the veggie would be gone.

Latest posts

Back