Is it just me....or all over? (Hard to find hay)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Well - I went to the feed store today. He laughed at me when he saw me coming (regular customer) and said, "I'm out of hay and I'll start them stacking your feed..".

I'm sorry - but I find it funny that I'm such a regular at the feed store that he knows my order already...especially when he said, "Let me guess..its time for supplements again and other things?".

He knows my rabbits' diets almost as well as I do!

Anyway - he told me there wasn't any hay in this area for sure...maybe if I wanted to drive 3 hours one way. (I think he might give me a call when he gets some).

Are other breeders having a problem with this? I didn't stock up on hay earlier - this is my first winter breeding and I didn't know hay would become so expensive...and hard to find!

Oh well - at least my babies still have almost a bale left...plus they have enough food for 2 weeks and supplement and sunflower seeds and barley. (He was out of wheat)...oh ... and oats!

Art said I keep the rabbits better supplied for food than I do for us!!!

Peg

I'm not a breeder, but when I ordered hay from Oxbow last week they were out of all but the smallest bags of Orchard Grass.:( And I was going to get them a really big bag of it, too!

edwinf8936 wrote:
Try Alfalfaking.com

Ed
Thanks - I'll remember that. I broke down and ordered four types of hay from Barbi Brown's site....a bit expensive because of shipping, etc - but I'm so excited.....finally some "exotic" hay (compared to what I can get here).

Peg

Latest posts

Back